Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
TS3650 Accessories Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • TS3650 Accessories

    Good afternoon,

    I'm looking into buying a TS3650 from HD and I was wondering what accessories are available? I was hoping to find things like table extensions and a sliding miter table. I couldn't find anything on the website and unfortunately I was dealing with a "less experienced" HD associate.

    Thanks in advance,
    The beav.

  • #2
    Beav,
    The kind of accessories you are looking for are not available from Ridgid or HD. I think they would be considered "after-market" accessories. Try Rockler, Woodcraft, Woodworkers Supply, etc. or you can find plans to make your own. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    I own a 3650 and it is a great saw. The fence is strong and accurate and the legs do not wiggle! (at least not during normal use) [img]smile.gif[/img] The herculift is fantastic and really comes in handy, especially since I am constantly rearranging my shop. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    IMO it is as good as or better than any contractor style table saw out there in its price range. [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Do a search for "3650 assembly" for some tips to make the assembly a lot easier when the time comes.
    Lorax
    "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

    Comment


    • #3
      The Herculift and the fence are EXACTLY what I found attractive about this saw when I checked it out at HD. I would rather buy an aftermarket kit, but I'll build it myself if need be.

      I was into capentry from when I was 5 until 20 when I joined the Army. Now at 32, I've decided to get back into it. I haven't been golfing in over a year, so I put my clubs up on Ebay for the explicit purpose of getting money for a Tablesaw. My Grandpa gave me quite a few of his tools before he moved into a retirement home. That included a band saw that I assembled on my own when I was 9.

      Heh, I've spent part of my weekend designing a new desk for my wife. She doesn't know that, that is the first project I've got planned.

      Comment


      • #4
        I've had the 3650 for couple of months now and could'nt be happier. the first thing you need to do is throw away the factory blade, I use a freud combo thin kerf. Mulecab offers a extension wing that works as a router table and a sliding table but you have to use there fence system for the slider but it did'nt seem that expensive. If you don't have a dust collection system I would recomend a bag that goes under the saw to catch the dust. Hope this helps
        jim

        Comment


        • #5
          You mention a sliding miter table and extension tables. If you're looking for something with a long side table extension, you should keep looking as the 3650 doesn't have that option unless you put on a different, aftermarket fence. Have no idea if you can modify a sliding table to the 3650 or any other saw in that price range. As to getting a saw with optional extension table sizes, the General has that and maybe the Powermatic 64.
          Dave

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by daveferg:
            You mention a sliding miter table and extension tables. If you're looking for something with a long side table extension, you should keep looking as the 3650 doesn't have that option unless you put on a different, aftermarket fence. Have no idea if you can modify a sliding table to the 3650 or any other saw in that price range. As to getting a saw with optional extension table sizes, the General has that and maybe the Powermatic 64.
            You're right about the lack of accessories. However, I found several aftermarket accessories that will fit on the Ridgid. I'm satisfied with what is available, so I'm going to buy it.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Sgt Beavis:
              I'm satisfied with what is available, so I'm going to buy it.
              Good for you. You wont be disappointed. Don't forget what I said about doing a search for
              "3650 assembly tips."
              Have fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]
              Lorax
              "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

              Comment


              • #8
                Jim C. said "I've had the 3650 for couple of months now and could'nt be happier. the first thing you need to do is throw away the factory blade".
                Don't throw it away! It makes a decent (albeit extremely dangerous) frisby! [img]smile.gif[/img]

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Lorax:
                  Don't forget what I said about doing a search for
                  "3650 assembly tips."
                  Have fun! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                  Will do.

                  I'm just waiting on the money I'm getting on some ebay auctions and I'll be heading to HD to pick one up.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by tyxlc:
                    Jim C. said "I've had the 3650 for couple of months now and could'nt be happier. the first thing you need to do is throw away the factory blade".
                    Don't throw it away! It makes a decent (albeit extremely dangerous) frisby! [img]smile.gif[/img]
                    You could also put a clock motor in it and hang it on the wall.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    X