X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Snooze and Lose

I have been salivating since I noticed a Rigid Utility Vehicle (Mobile Mitre Saw Stand) and added it to my list of accessories to purchase when I saved up enough money (at the time was $149.00 at my local Home Depot). Now I see that Home Depot has raised the price to $199.00! Is anyone aware of a source which offers this product at the most competitive cost (in my hands for $149.00 or less)?

After comparing all other brands of this device, I am convinced Rigid offers the best value for the price.

Tool on!

That is interesting ... just picked one up right before Christmas and paid the $149. The guy in the tool department remarked that it had been previously priced at $199, so it was quite the deal.

Especially when you compare prices of the competition ... the Delta & Dewalt typically sell for $199 (the Delta was $170 at Amazon.com when I was doing my comparison). Finally saw the Delta in person AFTER I got my Ridgid, and feel the Ridgid is the superior of the two.

I had been running my early 90's vintage Cast-Iron 10" Craftsman Miter Saw on the floor since I bought it. I'm just a tinkering homeowner so I don't use it that often, but I really was getting tired of Mitering on my 41 yr. old knees. What a difference this stand makes, I just fold it up and wheel it in the corner when I'm done.

Comment

OK listen, don't tell anyone that I told you about this. They will give me all kinds of H*** if they know I suggested this to you. Harbor frieght has one that is just as good as the Ridgid. Sturdy, folds and rolls easy, a LOT cheaper priced. I caught it on sale for $49. Had it almost 2 years with no problems at all. Remember though, You didn't hear it from me. OK I just checked and the current price is $72.99 They ussualy have free shipping over $50. here is a link. http://order.harborfreight.com/EasyA...3%20PST%202005

[ 02-08-2005, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: papadan ]
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I saw a new display sign up today for the Mitre Stand: $149.

Comment

It is still $149 at my store and on the website. I have not heard anything about a price increase.
          Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by papadan: H.F. has one that is just as good as the Ridgid. Sturdy, folds and rolls easy, a LOT cheaper priced. I caught it on sale for $49.
            That link don't work. What is the exact model number?

Comment

Dan might have been refering to the Harbor Freight #40612. I'm not so sure that I would totally agree that it's "just as good as the Ridgid" but the price is quite a bit lower than the Ridgid.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I had tried to find it on the HarborFreight web site the last time he mentioned it (prior thread, link did not work then either) and had no luck.

Now that I have finally seen it and the current price (thanks badger), I feel my Ridgid MSUV is far superior in construction, features, and performance. Anyone else want to see it, try this link ...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...unction=Search

Doug

Comment

Well, that link does not take you directly to it for some reason ... you still need to enter the model # 40612 in their search box.

Doug

Comment

Maybe this link will work. Harbor Freight Miter Saw Stand
                    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Has anyone used this... PortAMate
                      I have been using it for a year and think it does the trick. It sets up easily and is very solid. A very well thought out piece of equipment.
                      Harvey

Edited to add: I read the reviews on the Amazon site and should add I had no problem with the snap buttons and thought the QC was great.

[ 03-28-2005, 02:15 PM: Message edited by: HomeHandyGuy ]
                      If your gonna fix it...do it right

Comment

i was just at my local home depot and i saw the ridgid saw utility vehicle on sale for $99.

Comment

Where would that be?
                          If It\'s Not Broke, Fix It Anyway!

Comment

All HD stores should have them on add atleast through this weekend.
                            Jeff

Comment

Working...
                            X