X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BT3100 or TS3650?

I have a BT3100 now, and it is OK, price effective, but needs alignment all the time. I can sell it parted out and probably get what I paid for it. Should I keep it, or is the TS3650 a much better saw. It is more expensive. Need objective opinions please. Thanks for any help. I'm asking because I am expecting a discount for Fathers Day at HD (?).... Where does one find the accessories for that Rigid saw? Thanks again...

[ 06-05-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Golfmore ]

No contest, the 3650 is much better.
    There is an HD near me that has 2 of the 3612 ridgids in stock for about $200 each. You might want to look around to see if you can find one near you. At that price nothing compares.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Not 15 minutes ago I powered up my TS3650 saw for the first time after putting it together (with plenty of interruptions!) over the course of the last two weeks. I did a lot of homework and decided on the TS3650. When are you planning on buying the saw? I am working on an extensive review (very objective) for Eopinions and also for the Ridgid forum. It will be long but hopefully well-written since I was hoping for just that kind of review when I was doing all my research. I hope to have it ready anywhere from a day or two to a week, so maybe if you will be waiting that long anyway perhaps it will be of some use to you. To give you a hint, it will certainly be a positive review but I will also mention a few things I thought could have been a little better. These latter points are pretty much assembly-related however and are negligible... I don't anticipate ever regretting my decision to go with the TS3650. Would it be a saw Norm Abrams would choose for his New Yankee Workshop? With his unlimited budget, certainly not, but I have zero doubts that he could achieve beautiful results were he ever to use a 3650...the saw has the quality where it counts, enabling any methodical woodworker to end up with results to be proud of. This is why I chose it over all other affordable products I was looking at.

Good luck with your decision

Comment

Thanks for the help. I ended up getting the TS3650. Hd gave me a full refund for the BT3100, and another 10% discount, so heck, why not? Now to put it together. Thanks again...

[ 06-07-2004, 05:46 AM: Message edited by: Golfmore ]

Comment

I think you'll enjoy the larger surface and quiet power of the 3650 over the BT. They're really in two different classications.

Comment

It is quieter for sure. Miss the sliding miter.

Comment

Working...
            X