X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Motors

Administrator I purchased the ms1290 saw a month ago and I wanted to know if ridgid still uses emerson motors on there products.

Brandman, are you out there???

Comment

Hey Brandman, about the motors in your new cordless drills, are they going to be easy to find and realtively inexpensive or are they going to be a pricy item when the time comes to replace them?

Comment

This must be a top secret answer since there is NO response to my question. makes you wonder???

Comment

not utilzing Emerson motors as much. Battery powered drill motors and gear boxes will be easily available should you need them.

Comment

Brandman, my question was does my saw the ms1290 have a emerson motor on it, and does the new ms1290lz saw have an emerson motor.

[ 10-01-2003, 02:41 PM: Message edited by: toolnut ]

Comment

BrandMan, if you could give me an answer I would really like to know.

Thanks

Comment

They are not Emerson motors.

Comment

BrandMan, that is one of the reasons I have purchased this saw and my 10" ridgid saw because they use emerson motors. Now I find out from ridgid over the phone and by you that my ms1290 saw does not have a emerson motor. please read the following ad placed on your website.

RIDGID®12" Dual Bevel Sliding Compound Miter Saw #MS1290 Specifications
                  Motor Emerson 15 Amp
                  RPM 4000
                  Brake Electric
                  Special Features Included:
                  * Left Side Table Extension
                  * Full Capacity Work Clamp
                  * Dust Bag with 2-1/2" Port Included
                  * Crown Molding Instructions On-Board
                  * Sof-Touch™ Ergonomic Controls;
                  * Hi-Vis Indicators
                  * State-Of-The-Art Fence with Sliding Feature
                  * Patented Bevel Stop Override
                  * Repeat-A-Cut™ Fence
                  Dimensional Lumber Cutting Capacities:
                  * 2 x 8's at 90º
                  * 2 x 6's at All / Bevel Angles
                  * 4 x 6's at All Miter Angles / 0º bevel
                  * Crown Molding up to 7-7/8"
                  Shipping Weight 57 lbs
                  Net Weight 49 lbs

This information is found at ridgidwoodworking.com
                  click on winter 2003 news letter and click picture of ms1290 saw. This seems to me to be false advertising.

I'm not here to complain about ridgid tools. I own several ridgid tools and never had any problems with them. They have always performed well. I always research my tool purchases like many other tool lovers do. I would just like an honest answer. Did ridgid intend to use emerson motors on the ms1290 saw or did they put them on the early models(first run)and change there minds in later production. I purchased mine in july of 2003.

[ 10-02-2003, 07:46 AM: Message edited by: toolnut ]

Comment

BrandMan, could answer the above question.

Thank you for your time.
                    Eric

Comment

This would appear to be a bad but probably honest mistake made by marketing/advertising.

Hypothetically speaking, with the miter saw, there could be problems fitting an existing Emerson motor into a saw built by someone else, though I would have expected that to have been worked out if there had been plans to use one.

Not necessarily a bad thing that there wasn't an Emerson motor used. But the advertising should have been on track before going to print.

Comment

Until just recently all miter saws shipped in had Emerson motors. The change to another motor supplier can be denoted by the change in color of the motor housing to the new orange color. We simply have not kept the pop-up pages on the web site up to date. There is no change in performance or longevity on the products themselves as a result of this sourcing change.

Comment

Thanks for the info BrandMan.

Comment

Does anyone remember 1977, when Chevrolet engines were substituted into Pontiacs and Oldsmobiles without disclosing it, resulting in a class action suit?
                            If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

You guys sound like an ole' bloodhound on a blood scent trail. Why not enjoy our tools, use the heck out of them and make lots of sawdust? If something happens then we can request,demand,and abuse Ridgid as needed. I did not trust the service/warranty last May and instead of getting my 3612 I got a Jet cab. saw (good deal,but 3X's the money). I am now looking for a 3612 because of space factor (my son wants the Jet).

Comment

Working...
                              X