• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RYOBI owns ridgid.

Now that's interesting

Jake

Comment

The Ryobi Rep is also the Ridgid Rep @ HD stores. Not to be confused with ownership. It falls under the OWT thing of manufacturing, warranty and parts. Still, be nice if the guy at least had an arm patch of Ridgid on his shirt.
      John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Hey woody,

I'm gonna try go get to the bottom of this who owns who thing. I was scanning through the annual report of Home depot this morning. I'm gonna check into the other companies we keep intertwining. Hopefully there will be some answer. gets rediculous that nobody knows who owns who.. Hear say is obnoxious if you don't hear a consistent message

Give me a little time I'll report back whatever I find.

Jake

Comment

Mr Jake,
          There is no mystery to who owns Ridgid woodworking tools. Ridgid does. They have licensed OWT to manufacture their tools for them. They are manufactured to Ridgid's plans and specifications. It just so happens that OWT also manufactures Ryobi. Apparently they have also farmed out their customer service which I hope eventually will live up to the original.

Comment

Tcaniff,

As I understand it

Ridgid is a brand name associated with a quality tool, and used to be produced by Emmerson. Emmerson licensed the name / design to the tool company you are referring, yada yada. I'm gonna do my own homework on this one, b/c I hear too many conflicting views. So anyone is welcome to give any view on this they choose, but my mind is closed from influence of thers on this one particular topic b/c and I'm gonna do my own homework on this. Just wanted to let everyone know I'll post whatever I learn.

Jake

Comment

Here is the press release, good place to start your research. BTW same release appears on the Emerson site

http://www.ridgid.com/newsite/news/RidgidBrandRel.pdf

Comment

Thanks for the link. It's the first time I've seen the press release and it's all the "proof" I need.(Not that I was ever worried about it that much). In my humble opinion I think it's a good time for us to get back to discussing tools and woodworking. After all, isn't that what we're all here for? No smileys here. I'm serious.

[ 01-29-2004, 11:15 PM: Message edited by: Lorax ]
                Lorax
                "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Forgot to mention...The Ryobi guy had a Contractor bag full of Ridgid tools.

Still love my table saw.

Comment

Working...
                  X