X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are Batteries Covered?

Would someone be able to tell me if Batteries are covered under this warranty, because i am hearing mixed stories from Home Depot on what is covered and what is not. I think the customer should be well informed as to what "Limited Lifetime Warranty" really means, especially when most customers are basing the purchase on it since this line of tool is fairly new. I am very interested in purchasing items in the Ridgid line, however hesitant when the sales Rep's at home depot are not educated on the product and i cant get important warranty info from them. Thanks in advance for your help.

Below is information given to me regarding the lifetime warranty and how it applies to batteries

RidgidBuster

"OWT's Lifetime Service Warranty is an agreement between OWT, RIDGID Authorized Service Centers and the original purchaser of all RIDGID power tools (corded, cordless, bench and stationary) during our promotional window. Notice that the Home Depot is not part of this equation - they are a retail center not a service center. PLEASE understand that the Lifetime Service Warranty is NOT a "no questions asked" return and/or exchange policy. In fact, if properly communicated, the Lifetime Service Warranty will reduce returns to the Home Depot.

In order to exercise rights of the Lifetime Service Warranty, the original purchaser of the tool must take the tool and the receipt to a RIDGID Authorized Service Center for service. The service center will validate eligibility based on receipt information and will service the tool at OWT's expense.

EXAMPLE:
    A cordless battery that needs service is only eligible for the Lifetime Service Warranty if it was purchased as part of a cordless kit, not bought as an accessory to compliment a kit (Lifetime Service Warranty is applicable to all power tool purchases not accessory purchases). Therefore, if a customer buys a cordless kit during our promotion, and at some point in time one of the batteries fail to accept a charge (as all batteries eventually do), then the customer would take the complete cordless kit to a service center, show the service center the receipt, and the service center will repair or replace the battery. The first time a customer brings a RIDGID power tool in for service, the Service Center will record the serial number and receipt date. Remember, our batteries are matched to the original kit by the manufacture date stamping. After that point in time, the customer will no longer need the receipt as the Service Center will have that information on file tied to the serial number."

I hope this answers your question. The answer is yes, the batteries which comes with the tool are covered.

[ 11-29-2003, 09:27 AM: Message edited by: RidgidBuster ]

Comment

Thank you very much RidgidBuster. Do you work for them in some way, because i have one more question. I am in Toronto, Canada, if i cant take the unit to Home Depot for repair, would you know who would service this for me (Store names?) THanks again RB!

dgiso

Comment

Toronto Canada ! I know that I can't help you find a service center up there.......

Try calling Ridgid Customer Service here in the States. I'm sure they can help you. Just call 866-539-1710. (Don't be surprised by the southern accent...lol). They have treated me well in the past. Good Luck

Comment

Working...
        X