Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any place to buy Ridgid tools w/o batteries?

Hi,

Just wondering...other than ebay, is there any place where I could buy Ridgid tools without the batteries and charger and case? Just the tool, nothing else?

Dave

*bump* Anybody? Anybody? Bueller? Bueller?

Comment

Nope. EBay is about it. What's wrong with eBay?
      I don't work for Ridgid and I don't work for Home Depot but I likely know more about both than someone who works at either.

Comment

What's wrong with eBay? Nothing, I suppose, except that it's taking a bit of a risk buying from there. I've bought plenty of stuff off ebay, but I'm not sure I'd want to buy a power tool.

I just thought there might be a tool outlet that sells the tools themselves; I've seen some places online that sell just tools, without batteries/chargers/accessories (but none that sell Ridgid obviously).

Comment

ijust bought a new ridgid 14.4v impact driver with the battery off of ebay for 90 bucks- an that included shipping. i felt i got a pretty good deal. power tools on ebay are no more risky than anything else there . the sellers feedback is what i look at the most..

Comment

locknut,

Have you tried the driver yet? Did it come with an LSA?

Comment

Do your homework and you can get some good deals on ebay. I bought my Ridgid 12v right angle impact for under $30 (without battery, case, etc.), and I bought the Dewalt 3-base router kit with edge guide for $250 (shipping included). These tools were brand new and I have abused them enough to know I got great deals.

Stay away if something seems suspicious, but there are lots of legitimate tools for sale on ebay.

Comment

the driver works perfect. also got the receipt and the upc code to register for the LSA.

Comment

I picked up a ridgid 5 gallon (dual tank) air compressor from home depot for 100 bucks and it works great, sometimes they list "reconditioned" tools on the web site. If you ask a manager there you might get a good deal. Also some home depot stores rent tools out, you might find one there you can get at a good price.

Comment

Working...
                  X