X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3650 bog down?

I just got the 3650 this past weekend and so far I couldn't be happier. There were some head scratching moments with the instructions and the metric/SAE bolts, but common sense got me through it...

However, yesterday the electrical contractors were in my house and one of them said his boss has this saw and he tried ripping a 2x6 down and the saw got into the cut and just locked up. He said he even rewired the motor up to 220 and that only helped a little. Has anyone else had this problem? So far I have only ripped 1x's for trim, but later we will be doing some heavier work.

I thought it might be his blade or feeding it too fast.

While the 3650 isn't my favorite tool, in fairness, I doubt the saw's design was the problem in the bogging described to you. A few points to consider---

First, 2x construction grade stock can be full of twists and bows, making the saw work harder.

--not using the splitter/guard can affect binding.

--Blade could be out of alignment

--fence could be out of alignmnet

--blade could be dull or full of pitch

--feed rate could be too fast

--no paste wax on the table top.

And, for ripping, I highly recommend a dedicated rip blade. A big advantage and better cut for ripping.
    Dave

Comment

I agree with everything Dave said, except for one thing. The 3650 IS my favorite tool. [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
      Lorax
      "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Originally posted by daveferg:
        ........in fairness, I doubt the saw's design was the problem in the bogging described to you.
        Someone must have hijacked the ferg dudes screen name. Dave would never let an opportunity to blame the Ridgid fence for a problem go by like that.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Must be the kinder, gentler Ferg. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          Lorax
          "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

Nope----same as always----still has a plastic-case, no-name Chinese motor and other cheap aspects (some, like the legs, I hear they were forced to correct). The only change of heart I had was when people were able to get the saw in the $400-500 range---then, it was priced right---at it's original price the Griz' and the General were much better saws. But, you can bog just about any contractors' saw----given the conditions listed.

No name stealing, etc.
            Dave

Comment

Working...
            X