WD4050 Vac Question

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WD4050 Vac Question

I purchased the WD4050 Wet/Dry Vac a couple of weeks ago intending to mainly use it to suck up dust from my sander and also maybe vacuum out a car everynow and then. But when it came time to do some sanding, I realized this vacuum has an unusual size hose, 1 7/8. I cant find a 1 7/8 to 1 1/4 adapter. Does anybody know where I can find an adaper or can I just not use the 1 7/8 hose and get a 1 1/4 hose? Any solutions? Thanks.

woodworker.com

120-050 DUST CONNECTOR ADAPTER 1" TO 6" $6.99

It's a great site with prices that always run below other sites even when you factor shipping. I always seem to add enough items to an order to "justify the shipping" and wind up in the doghouse with LOML

HDAN

Comment

Try wrapping duct tape around the dust port on your sander until you build up the area enough that it will accept the 1-7/8" hose.
      ================================================== ====
      ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Dave, don't be giving missinformation like that. LOL I used electrical tape to build up my ROS to fit the hose. Been working for a year now. I had tried Duct tape but it dries out and doesn't last very long.

[ 12-30-2004, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: papadan ]
        info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Originally posted by goodwood:
          I purchased the WD4050 Wet/Dry Vac a couple of weeks ago intending to mainly use it to suck up dust from my sander and also maybe vacuum out a car everynow and then. But when it came time to do some sanding, I realized this vacuum has an unusual size hose, 1 7/8. I cant find a 1 7/8 to 1 1/4 adapter. Does anybody know where I can find an adaper or can I just not use the 1 7/8 hose and get a 1 1/4 hose? Any solutions? Thanks.
          Home Depot has a fitting in the wet/dry vac section that is a stacked rubber fitting adapter with like 6-7 stacks, each being a different size. You find the stack that fits and cut ther rest off. It's like $8.79. I almost bought one yesterday but backed out due to being broke from Christmas.

Comment

Originally posted by papadan:
            Dave, don't be giving missinformation like that. LOL I used electrical tape to build up my ROS to fit the hose. Been working for a year now. I had tried Duct tape but it dries out and doesn't last very long.
            Dan, I have tons more misinformation that I'm willing to share like;

1. My Home Depot never makes a mistake.
            2. Rockler is alway aboveboard and upfront with their customers.
            3. WalMart sells only American made products.
            4. The Fergdude really owns a 3650 and absolutely loves the fence.
            5. The RIDGID Forum is a troll/ranter free site.
            6. I never stretch the truth.
            7. The Packers are a lock to win the Super Bowl
            ================================================== ====
            ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Originally posted by badgerdave:
              </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by papadan:
              Dan, I have tons more misinformation that I'm willing to share like;

1. My Home Depot never makes a mistake.
              2. Rockler is alway aboveboard and upfront with their customers.
              3. WalMart sells only American made products.
              4. The Fergdude really owns a 3650 and absolutely loves the fence.
              5. The RIDGID Forum is a troll/ranter free site.
              6. I never stretch the truth.
              7. The Packers are a lock to win the Super Bowl
              </font>[/QUOTE]Alright Badgerdave...If you didn't see my post to you on the other thread, here it is for your enjoyment.

Badgerdave if you see this post-print it off and tape it to your monitor. Are you ready???

here it goes.
              Cordless tools are the best!
              I bet you really own a cordless jigsaw, handplaner, finish nailer, toilet plunger..lol

[ 12-30-2004, 08:55 PM: Message edited by: swhalen ]

Comment

I bought a 4050 vacuum last May '04, and there was a 1-7/8 to 1-1/4 adapter included in the box. But yes, I would like to find another one for a spare.

Comment

Working...
                X