X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Member Flood?

Any bets on how many new members we'll pick up following the 20% sale at HD?

I know that we have had seasonal rashes of new members joining, but with this being the first Christmas following RIDGID introduction of their new tool line and with the HD 20% sale we may see a flood of new member or lurkers.

Should make an interesting January.

I hope new members are welcome here? Hard to tell from your wording.

Comment

New members are always greatly welcomed !!

The rash of new members leads to new discussions, and new discussions let us all learn.

I'm just wondering how quickly the member numbers in the upper right corner will rise? Think we will break 4000? 4500?

Just curious how many will lurk, join, or otherwise visit and if the moderators are prepared for the demand on the servers, etc.

Comment

I just bought the TS3650 and the JP0610
        and just joined the group. Besides the prices
        the existence of this group was the determining
        factor in my purchase. Thanks to the moderaters
        and those that contribute their experiences and
        knowledge as well as opinions. I feel this forum will be very helpful.
        Thank you,
        artist

Comment

Welcome to the group, Artist ! !

Comment

Thanks all. Glad to be here.

Comment

I am brand new here... I did not even know about the Ridgid deal going on. We where there with my dad buying him one of those new Laser Levels for x-mas and some lady took the HD salesman away for the whole time we where there, he was looking for the another Ridgid Combo pack. So, i decided to ask her what was this deal. Low and behold we ended finding out that there is a 20% discount on all powertools, plus lifetime warrenty including batteries... We said we have to have that and ending up driving to another HD because that one didn't have anymore, only $383.00 for the combo pack after discount. We open up the new pack yesterday and charged the batteries. Looks like the deal of a lifetime. One of the reasons we had to buy this was we have the Dewalt 4 pc Combo pack for around 2 years now and all 3 batteries we have are shot, only last about 30mins per charge. When we priced the batteries at $80.00 per battery that $240.00 in batteries alone and buying the new Ridgid set is almost like getting a free set. The Dewalt tools have been great but the warrenty cant touch Ridgid's right now and hopefully Ridgid are as good and we can do everything we where doing with Dewalt...

Comment

Rado check the electronic componets co. I had one rebuild batteries for about 1/2 price. The one I used was in Grand Rapids,Mi.SF Supply.

Comment

I haven't bought a ridgid tool yet but I love this web site. Keep it up guys.

Comment

Welcome to all of you guys !

Hope you enjoy the forums.

Comment

CAN ANY ONE HELP!!!!!!!!

I bought a Ridgid 18 volt hammerdrill about a month ago and the variable speed quit working. It's all or nothing. Should I take it back to Home Depot, or is there some way to email Ridgid about a swap, or is there some part I can swap out to make it work? Also, I want to buy an 18 volt sawzall but Home Depot only carries them in the 4 piece deal. I want one b/4 the lifetime warranty thing goes off.

Comment

Just take it back for a swap out.

Comment

I have no experience with zawsaw, but in the last week, I have read a post either here or at woodnet forums where people were having problem with chuck / blade connecting area breaking when they were turning saw. More than one poster having similar problems.

Jake

Comment

I have no experience with zawsaw, but in the last week, I have read a post either here or at woodnet forums where people were having problem with chuck / blade connecting area breaking when they were turning saw. More than one poster having similar problems.

Jake

Comment

You might want to go down to HD and try to operate one. Even without the battery you might want to try the ergonomics of the unit. In addition to what Woodworkerjake said about the breakage problem some have had difficulty with the safety switch location. Worth taking a look before you buy.

Comment

Working...
                              X