X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSUV in the new line?

Is the MSUV included in the new Ridgid product line? I don't see it on the website.

D.

I have a post over in General Discussions asking BrandMan to give us a list of the discontinued tools and accessories. Just waiting for him to answer, hopefully on Monday.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Try this link http://www.ridgidwoodworking.com/new...omotions.phtml for info and parts. It doesn't indicate whether it stays or goes. It's one of the places that Josh and Norm have a lot of work to do to update all the product listings.
      And why does "New Products" list only Ridge tools, none of the orange stuff? The woodworking line looks more like a step child every day.
      If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

Originally posted by Deblieux:
        The woodworking line looks more like a step child every day.
        I wouldn't say that the woodworking line looks like a stepchild -- quite the contrary. If you doubt that, go put your hands on the new ROS and quarter-sheet sanders. Impressive, indeed.

I would, however, have to agree that ridgidwoodworking.com looks like a stepchild. Note that the newest copyright dates on the site are 2002. It's about as current as Nick at Night.I don't put much stock in what it has to say.

D.

Comment

Dan,
          We're both apparently on the same page. I should have said "woodworking forum," not woodworking line.
          I agree the new power tools look and feel impressive. Excepting my concern about OWT lack of customer service, I am certain that any of the new line would fit well in my tool box. I'm eager to see the new stationary tools.

While "ridgidworking.com" is the remnants of the old site, the "New Products" link http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=648 on the new site doesn't show a single orange tool.

[ 09-21-2003, 10:23 PM: Message edited by: Deblieux ]

Comment

Dan,
            The MSUV is part of the line and available. We are getting new artwork to post to the web site. Bear with us...

Comment

Originally posted by BrandMan:
              The MSUV is part of the line and available. We are getting new artwork to post to the web site. Bear with us...
              Thanks, BrandMan -- I'm glad to hear that you're keeping it. I saw one about 3 weeks ago for the first time (the HD on my side of town is big on displaying Ridgid items on the top of the shelviong units, in boxes)and I was really impressed -- I'm thinking about getting one. The only thing it's missing is a stop system for making repetitive cuts... although I've been told that you can use the rollers as stops in a pinch by setting them high.

I appreciate all you're doing over there -- I understand how much is involved in this sort of transition. I've seen the new handheld power tools, and so far they're impressive -- in fact holding the two sanders made me wonder how much I could get for my PC sanders on eBay...

Keep up the good work!

D.

Comment

Originally posted by Deblieux:
                While "ridgidworking.com" is the remnants of the old site, the "New Products" link http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=648 on the new site doesn't show a single orange tool.
                The reason for that pretty obvious omission is that all of the orange tools are new. It seemed kind of redundant to post every single one of them under New Products. As additions to the line come out, we will be posting them in that area.

Comment

The reason for that pretty obvious omission is that all of the orange tools are new.
                  Norm,
                  That is my point exactly. You have added over 100 new members, and who knows how many unique hits in the last month. As someone new to Ridgid Tools or the website, if I go to http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=13 and look in "New Products", I come to http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=648 and I only find plumbing products. In your laundry list "Select a Product Category" why couldn't a link entitled Power Tools take you to http://www.ridgid.com/MenuDriver.asp?ParentID=7 ? After all, the other listings in "Select a Product Category" are redundant to the site list on the left side. A direct link would take you guys less than 5 minutes to complete and would take the viewer directly to the truly new tools you offer.
                  If you analyze the New Products List, some of them are not really new, and all of them are Ridge Tool Co, none Emerson/OWT woodworking tools.
                  I have repeatedly stated that you guys have done a good job in developing this site. You know where the links are, but if you want the viewer to look at your website, you need to look at it through their eyes, and make it easy to navigate.
                  To that extent, if a new viewer comes to www.ridgid.com , how do they get to the forum? Would most people relate the word "Exchange" with "Forum"? Why not add another heading, or at least create a drop down list with a mouse over at each of your headings instead of a link to a new page? Others have stated that it takes two or three links to get to their selection in the forums, so they bookmark them, and bypass the rest. I appreciate your desire to have us see the rest of the site (it is obvious that I already do) so why not make it easy to get there?

Comment

If a new viewer comes to www.ridgid.com , how do they get to the forum? Would most people relate the word "Exchange" with "Forum"?
                    Norm, you guys are troopers! I usually come in through the front door, so I appreciate the new link to the forums!

I still think that if Ridgid plans continued support to the woodworking tool line, it deserves a link at "New Products". It is not an issue for those of us that are aware of the line, but a newbie may not have a clue that they exist, or haven't always been here. The link is on the page, but not identified as new product. It would seem to me that it would be an easy fix, and very desireable from a marketing standpoint. As the tools are being introduced, they are getting good reviews. Why not capitalize on the new enthusiasm?

Comment

On a somewhat related note, I clicked on several of the links in this thread and the resulting pages look *disasterous* on Mozilla.

Any chance someone over there can talk to the web programmers?

Some of us (myself included) prefer not to infect our computers with Microsoft viruse...I mean...operating systems and thus, Internet Explorer is not an option.

Comment

Working...
                      X