Cnc Router

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cnc Router

Hello I am interested in a low cost decent cnc router if one exists. I am making small wooden toys with my class and need something efficient and inexpensive. I already own a router and have seen inexpensive kits. Can anyone direct me in the right direction of a low cost cnc router or kit that would fit my needs. Thanks.

I can't help you as far as recommending a good kit but possibly this book could give you some ideas about building your own. It might even be a great class project for your students. http://www.amazon.com/Building-KRMx0...nc+router+kits
    ================================================== ====
    All of us could take a lesson from the weather. It pays no attention to criticism.

Comment

There's no such thing as a low cost and reliable CNC router. The cheap ones won't hold tolerance and wind up being more aggravation than they are worth. I suspect your school budget won't let you buy a decent one, I feel your pain.
      sigpic

Comment

You can head over to the cnczone forum which would be a better place for this discussion. I know there are kits you can buy and make your own CNC for far less than buying pre-made ones. I'm sure you will be able to find something which will work with your router. I'm a member on that forum and did once consider building my own cnc router for making templates etc but never really got enough time to embark on such a project.

Comment

• NHMaster3015
          NHMaster3015 commented
          Editing a comment
          Probably a better forum for that discussion. We priced them for the school last year and honestly, the difference in cost and quality is substantial. Our woodshop teacher came from another school that had purchased a cheap one with predictable results.

• blue_can
          blue_can commented
          Editing a comment
          There are some good plans on there for making your own. The components such as the stepper motors are the same as those used in the good machines so you are left with having to put the electronics together, making a good and sturdy table and getting it to talk to the computer running the CNC software. I believe I even downloaded some software to experiment with but then really had no time to pursue it further.

• NHMaster3015
          NHMaster3015 commented
          Editing a comment
          It would be nice if it was master cam software or anything running G code
      Working...
      X