ts2400 warranty and motor questions

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ts2400 warranty and motor questions

first, i noticed on the side of the box that this product has a 3 year warranty. is this a limited lifetime warranty if bought before 12/31/03?, or a 3 year warranty?
    second, does this model have an emerson motor in it? and please answer this straightforwardly. i noticed print on the bottom of the saw saying--EMERSON - TAIWAN. is this the same saw as the previous gray model. if not how does it compare? thanks

Answer to question on motor... If the body of the saw you bought is Gray - Then it has an Emerson Motor. If the body of the saw is Orange, it does not have an Emerson motor. The motor in the newly updated TS2400 is the same spec and performance of the original TS2400 with one added feature - we now include soft start.

As for the warranty - All RIDGID corded, cordless, and bench / stationary power tools have a 3 year warranty against defects in material and workmanship. As well, they are covered with a 90 day satisfaction warranty. From now through Dec. 31, 2003 - if you purchase one of these RIDGID power tools you get a lifetime service warranty. So - in effect you get two warranties for the price of one.

Comment

thanks for the response, it definitely helps my understanding, particuliarly the warranty. one other question. i'm sure you are probably tired of hearing this one. i don't know too much about any of this, but i heard emerson made great motors. i'm a bit skeptical of a motor made overseas--do you have the same confidence in this new motor as that of emerson's, and since this is the same specs as the older model, did emerson work with the new company in some capacity. basically am i getting as good or better machine with the new orange version? thanks

Comment

It is to Emerson's spec's. Only thing is the added benefit of soft start.

Comment

....same confidence?

Comment

BrandMan, is my floor model PS2412 I picked up at HD in Sept covered under the lifetime warranty? Or does it have to be the new products?
            murph

Comment

murph - You need to have an orange machine, as you put it, to have the lifetime service warranty extended to the purchase.

Comment

rustychicken, we have no worries. It is made to spec's. In manufacturing your as good as your spec and your quality control. Those measures are in place.

Comment

Clarification requested-I just purchased the TS3650, and the JP0610.

The TS3650 came in a box with a gray body, but the TS inside had an Orange body. So does this men that the TS does not have the EMERSON motor? Which is better? This TS should be covered under the the new Lifetime Service warranty*, right?

The JP0610 body is gray. Is it covered under the the new Lifetime Service warranty*? I just purchased both in November 2003, under the understanding that they both were.

Thanks.

Comment

Gray body = Emerson motor. Full Lifetime Warranty Against Defects in Materials and Workmanship. NO Full Lifetime Service Warranty.

Orange body = nearly the exact same motor, with the addition of soft start. Not manufacturered by Emerson. 3 Year Warranty Against Defects in Material & Workmanship. 90 Day Satisfaction Guarrantee. If purchased when you stated, then it is covered by the Full Lifetime Service Warranty.

Comment

same specs same motor(but let the china guys make it they will do it cheaper) i can almost garantee you that motor will burn up before a emerson motor. 85 percent of dewalts parts are made in the good old usa. there cordless drill motors are made in the U.S.A.. i hope before my son becomes of age we get this work back hear were it belongs.

Comment

Thank you all for the clarification.

Comment

Working...
                        X