X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JP0610

I'm really looking for a jointer and planer in the next few months. Anyway, I've got the TS3650 and like it and I've read good reviews on the JP0610. However, I also heard replacement knives were hard to come by in some areas. Can anybody attest to the validity of that statement or is it false?

Based solely on my experience with my local HD's, if your looking for a RIDGID part or a RIDGID accessory, you might as well save the gas money and stay home cause they won't have it. I'm sure that not all HD's are like this but unfortunately from the many posts on this board on this subject it does seem to be more the norm than the exception. It's really a shame too because the bad PR it creates could very easily be avoided by HD for not a whole lot of money spent to stock perishable parts and popular accessories.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Ridgid woodworking tools parts are sold through odertree.com
      You must know the part number.
      They have most of the parts now.
      Steve

Comment

No problems here. Most HD around me stock the replacement knives. Many other companies sell the knives as well, such as Freud (online). You just need to know the dimensions. I bought an extra set when I bought my jointer. I think some of the tool coral managers have no idea what they are doing, while others are adequately trained and it shows in the displays and the stocking of accessories.

Chris

Comment

If you have problems with getting knives, contact Freud. They sell knives for the Ridgid Jointer as well as many others. Good knives.

http://store.yahoo.com/freud-tools/freudplanjoi.html

[ 04-14-2004, 08:17 PM: Message edited by: G.W. ]
          I came...<br /><br />I saw...<br /><br />I changed the plans.

Comment

the craftsman 6 1/8 jointer knives are a perfect fit, and most sears stores/sears hardware stores i have been in stock them !
            \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
            X