X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recent Home Depot bargain = Dewalt 4 piece combo

I was at Home Depot today spending 1.20 for washers to assemble a saw I bough somewhere else..

he he he.

Anyway, I always like to look at tools and google, so I was looking at cordless packs. They had DeWalt 4 pack 18 volts for 429. and the Ridgid 4 pack was 489. Does that sound right. it was either 489 / 429 or 389 / 329. I think it was the 4. Anyways, I was surprised to see that the Ridgid was MORE EXPENSIVE now that it's main competitor. Same I could understand but MORE!!. Anybody have any thoughts or comments about this. I was quite surprised.

Jake

All the Hd's I've been through lately have the Dewalt 4pack at $499 still, as well as online. The Ridgid 4 and 3 packs list at $479 and 329 respectivly. You must have come across a sale or a clearence of some kind.
    When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!!

Comment

This is justa wild guess, but I would think the pro-Ridgid people will say that DeWalt had to lower their price becuase they were losing sales to Ridgid, and the pro-DeWalt folks would say that they can sell at a lower price becuase they don't have to recover the expense of creating a whole new tool line, and have efficiencies based on the higher volume of DeWalt tools sold, and those of us that just want good tools at a good price will never know the real reason behind it.

Comment

I have the DeWalt "6 pak" and they are great tools, but the rigid lifetime warranty on the batteries would be enough I think if I didn't have the DeWalt....I also saw at h.d. where that deal is going to last thru January...shucks, I don't need anymore cordless!
        \"Aarrgh, sliver me timbers\"<br /><a href=\"http://www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap\" target=\"_blank\">www.picturetrail.com/daviddunlap</a>

Comment

MN,

thats what I thought. I was looking for sale price or clearance sign. It appeared to be normal retail price. but was clearly marked. And I checked it was 4 piece 18 vold combo with Drill / Reciprocating / circular / worklight.

Jake

Comment

IF you are looking for a bargin, check the return bin at your local HD, people are starting to return the 3 and 4 peice combo kits and you can pick up it up for 25% off retail and still have the lifetime warranty

Comment

Actually that what sold me on ridgid was the lifetime warranty on batteries, I had ordered a DeWalt online but cancelled shipment when I went to Home Depot and saw the ad for the lifetime warranty.

Comment

Jake, if it is the actual price and not the sale/clearance we spoke about, that means HD has some more consistency issues to work on. As a Chef if I send out a plate today and in 20 minutes or 2 weeks or 7 months or 10 years I send out that same plate to the same person again and it is different, I look like an incompetent fool. HD can't just change prices in a particular store cause the sun happens to be out that day, LET'S GET CONSISTENT FOLKS!
                When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!!

Comment

Isn't it possible that each HD manager has a little leeway in managing his own inventory ? He may need to move the merchandise a little quicker, so he discounts it a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Benthic2:
                    Isn't it possible that each HD manager has a little leeway in managing his own inventory ? He may need to move the merchandise a little quicker, so he discounts it a little.
                    No, every HD manager has a lot of leeway. In fact, they can pretty much charge whateverthehell they feel like, any time, any day, for whatever item they stock. That's the Home Depot attitude - delegate as much as humanly possible. Empower the managers. The bottom line is what counts. If I can sell DeWalt 4Kits for $399 and meet my sales plan and keep my margins right, my Store Manager will cheerfully sign off on it.

And I like it this way. HD's business method keeps me working for them when other factors might have already soured my attitude.

Comment

Jake,

Was that for the XRP 18v combo or the Compact 18v combo? Because they are 2 different prices.

Comment

I don't know the difference but if I would take an educated guess. I would say the XRP because the drill looked normal sized. It's only a block away from my house, I'll stop by and look in the next day or 2.

Jake

Comment

Working...
                        X