X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brandman the changed the drills but not the model number

Okay they changed the drills. But looking at the ridgid site they didn't change the model numbers? Also did they change the batteries too?
    Bottom line is why did they do a design change so soon. Only after being out for 2 months. There is a reason. I doubt this was planned it would cost more money and makes no sense to change the designs this soon. Unless the new drills that are being released as the promotion is ending are not as good. What is the deal here anyone know

seriously though any moderators know whats going on with these new drills. I own the r1000 grinder, r2610 6" ROS, r3200 circular saw, and the 3pc combo. I thought the grinder was a class leading tool which I think is hands down or tied with the red one. But the circular saw is freekin awesome. Very powerfull and tracks very easy because of its weight. The motor just doesn't sound like is even working very hard through oak, even with the ridgid blade. The 2610 is truely a great tool almost no vibration at all gets to your hand. Can't say enogh good things about those last three tools. However The 18v X2 hammerdrill is up in the air still. In my eyes. The drill is a beast. Snaps screws, bits, your wrist (lol). But the sounds that come out of this drill during operation, clearly are not as smooth as these other tools that I allready mentioned. Battery life is good but I don't like the chuck. Half the time the chuck makes ratcheting noises before it comes in contact with the bit. So I'm wondering if the side handle was the only thing that changed.

Comment

Tbutler6,
      Are you referring to the location where the extra handle ataches to the X2 hammer drill?
      If so, I'm curious about this also. I noticed that my son-in-laws new drill purchased the same day as mine,but from a different HD, has the mount area forward of the clutch, yet mine has it behind the clutch area. I would wonder why the change was made and which way is better.
      Thanks,
      Worknlate

Comment

Did you try them both out to see if the only difference is the location of the handle. Or is there any performance differences. Also do you know which one is heavier?

Comment

Hey this is the son-in-law piping in here and as far as the wieght goes they are the same, and they look identical other than the handle location. Tonight we will test them out and maybe we can give you a more detailed answer on the performance

Comment

Tonight we tried both the of the drills and there was no difference in the performance between the two. Let us know your thoughts on why you think that they would change the chuck positions/accessory handle.

Comment

the one conclusion that me and worknlate have come to is that with the handle in front of the clutch you are able to rotate it completely around the drill with out it interferring with the battery pack. however, with the handle behind the clutch you can accidently tighten the handle down on the clutch selector not to metion it becomes difficult to change clutch settings since the handle is in your way. i cannot see that being much of an improvement. since according to the other discussions that with the handle behind the clutch is the newer model.

Comment

Working...
              X