X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• miter saw

i am thinking about getting a 12" compound miter saw from rigid looking for some feedback on how it compares to dewalt and craftsman etc

I have the dewalt and I have a craftsman in my opinionthe dewalt is a little inferior to the ridgid and the craftsman is $%&*(())) get it

Comment

the DeWalt saw has an adjustable miter gauge. what that does is provide you with the ability to re-square the saw if it ever got out of aignment. this is only important if you will ever move you saw and could possibly knock it out of alignment.

Comment

The only saw that I've ever seen on a job site is Dewalt. I think that says something. Ridgid has had miter saws for a long time, but you never see professionals use them. I'm biased though. I've got a Dewalt 12" slide and I've used the heck out of it. In my opinion, Dewalt makes the best saws out there.

Comment

if you are that biased, then why are you surfing through ridgid.com? For a new member, just a day old, you are hitting an awful lot of chat threads and providing an awful lot of opinions against RIDGID and for DeWalt.

Comment

Originally posted by ToughToolGuy:
            I think that says something. Ridgid has had miter saws for a long time, but you never see professionals use them.
            Hmmm, Just yesterday, I saw a RIDGID saw on a professional jobsite. One of us must not know what the hell we're talking about huh.

BrandMan,

Take a deep breath and slowly count to 10. [img]smile.gif[/img] Don't let them get your back up, they usually don't hang around that long anyway. Bashing is easily recognized by most and taken as such. However, I would hope that an honest dissenting opinion would also be welcome here. It would be a shame if this forum digressed into nothing more than a RIDGID Good Ole Boy Club.
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

dissenting comments are welcome. this is an open forum... just odd to get so much so quickly with such a yellow vein to it. Thanks Badger Dave

Comment

I think the big reason that you don't see ridgid on the jobsite is because there is SO MUCH YELLOW! YOu tend to not see it. I myself use mostly ridgid on the jobsite and ever since then I have I've converted many a person over to the use of ridgid tools. Its jsut a matter of time before we see lots of orange on the jobsite opposed to yellow.
                You can\'t make footprints in the sands of time by sitting on your butt, and who wants to make butt prints in the sands of time.

Comment

AAAHHHHH!! Could it be that the Ridgid orange will just make them a little more visible so that everyone will notice them? Rick (That is only a penny's worth today!) [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I have found Ridgid tool to be of good guality (base on price and warranty)except the sliding miter saw which cuts like a chain saw.The Ridgid portable miter stand is one of the best on the market(funny),and I have a cabinet shop that does this work all day long.

Comment

Working...
                    X