X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Combo Pneumatic?

This is the first and only combo I have ever seen. All the guns I have seen in the past have shot one or the other. Has anyone ever used one of these? Looks like a nice little gun for the money. But how dependable is a combo pneumatic?

http://www.deltawoodworking.com/index.asp?e=136&p=5828

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...arden&n=507846
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

This is only hear-say because I only own Bostitch and Porter Cable but this seems to make sense. I have heard that when using brads on a combo gun it leaves an imprint in the wood of the hammer which is the size of a staple head.

Comment

There are some that claim you can prevent the staple sized dimple when using the brad feature on a combo gun by adjusting the pressure setting. Personally, I don't see how thats possible and still countersink the brad.

I suppose a combo brad/stapler shooter would be OK for someone who does repair work on furniture where the brads and staplers won't necessarily be showing. But, it is after all a combo tool and, more often then not, combo tools will perform both functions but don't do it as well as seperate dedicated tools do.

Now don't go biting my head off but if stapling will be something that you will only do on occasion check out the, here it comes , Harbor Freight 40073 ΒΌ" crown stapler. When I decided that the I wanted a stapler I also decided that I couldn't justify spending big $$ for something that I wouldn't use all that often. Did a little research and found that the 40073 was generally well received by those that owned one. I waited for it to go "on sale" for $20 and bought it. So far, its worked flawlessly.

HF also has an 18ga brad gun, #46309, that shoots up to 2" brads. It also regularily goes "on sale" for around $20. I read an awful lot of positive things about it also but, for myself anyway, I'd prefer a better quality gun for the amount of use I give mine.

Sorry Ed, I didn't mean to turn this into a commercial for HF.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

No worries

I am not a big fan of harbor freight's brand tools. I have however, never used their pneumatic. The brad nailer will see a lot of use. The stapler, probably not as much, the one thing I will be looking for is for it to do a better job than the hand held manual arrow's

A combo pneumatic was what i figured, too good to be true, will do both jobs but not do either as well as a dedicated tool.

Harbor Freight does have one very positive item...

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=91087

YOU CAN NOT BEAT THIS

Comment

I just noticed the price went up. My set was $9.99

Comment

Working...
          X