rigid cordless made by who?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rigid cordless made by who?

I am begining to feel like the powers that be are afraid to say just exactly where rigid is made and or manufactured.Whats the big secret even the homedepot (exsperts?) arent sure.

Long live the red tool

Techtronic Industries Co Ltd

TECHTRONIC IND (HKSE)

[ 11-29-2003, 10:44 AM: Message edited by: mr man ]

Comment

Thanx Mr Man!!!

Comment

It ain't a secret here. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I believe that the same company that makes Ryobi cordless Chinese tools.

Comment

Emerson
            Emerson

Comment

Originally posted by Caspian:
              Emerson
              Emerson
              Nope try again please

Comment

Try the original press release from back in July.

Pretty darned stealthy of 'em, putting it on the web site and sending it out to the news media like that.

Comment

Hi all. I found out today from a guy at the home depot (No Bull S@$#) that the Ridgid line is made by Ryobi. Man I don't want any tools that are made by them. They look like something for a second grader, no offence to anyone who owns them. I have never used them but they seem greatly underpowered and cheesy looking. I'm sure that I'll get some heavy duty grief for this but I don't care.

Thanks....

Comment

Emerson was just listed on the Lou Dobbs exporting US jobs segment tonight.

In fairness,my Ryobi 12V cordless that also came with a Homelite grass clipper is a good Chinese tool,for $29.99.

Comment

Originally posted by rrmcbride:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Caspian:
                      Emerson
                      Emerson
                      Nope try again please </font>[/QUOTE]read again, or have someone help you with the big words. emerson DOES produce ridgid tools. they make the "wet/dry vacs, hand tools, and other products for the Home Depot" per the press release. So while it is true they don't specifically make the cordless tools, they do produce some Ridgid tools.

As for Ryobi and Ridgid being made by the same company, i can assure you they are made on two entirely different lines and share nothing other than the parent company.

Let's look at Toyota. they own Lexus. ever driven a Lexus and a Toyota? think they're the same? (not beating up Toyota, i own 2) However, i do recognize that just because one company owns different lines, they are different beasts.

caspian

Comment

Well said.

The important things for outsourced products is that the outsourced company have a good quality control system, follow the design specified by the originator, use only approved materials, and be capable of meeting production schedules.

In most cases the biggest difference between products is their design and materials. For cheaper brands some design tolerances and material requirements are lessened to allow the use of cheaper materials and more streamlined production processes. As long as the company contracted for manufacturing follows the orignal design specifications and uses the specified materials then the outgoing product will be just as good as if manufactured somewhere else with the same requirements.

A poorly designed product using lesser-grade materials will be just as poor a product whether assembled in India, China, Germany, or the US. High-quality designs and materials will produce good products regardless of origination provided their quality control systems maintain that level of material and workmanship.

Comment

Originally posted by spowell:
                          Well said.

The important things for outsourced products is that the outsourced company have a good quality control system, follow the design specified by the originator, use only approved materials, and be capable of meeting production schedules.

In most cases the biggest difference between products is their design and materials. For cheaper brands some design tolerances and material requirements are lessened to allow the use of cheaper materials and more streamlined production processes. As long as the company contracted for manufacturing follows the orignal design specifications and uses the specified materials then the outgoing product will be just as good as if manufactured somewhere else with the same requirements.

A poorly designed product using lesser-grade materials will be just as poor a product whether assembled in India, China, Germany, or the US. High-quality designs and materials will produce good products regardless of origination provided their quality control systems maintain that level of material and workmanship.
                          What he said,,,,

Comment

I believe that it's also been said that this same company makes Metabo tools. Do yu Ryobi guys think they are junk too?

Just wondering because people automatically throw out Ryobi and assume that the quality must be the same because they are made by the same people.

Comment

Hi guys. Listen sorry about the rant but I am getting more confused by the day when I see the home depot guy bow his head and shake it in disgust when I tell him I want a Ridgid tool. I'm not too sure it it was a ploy by the employees get some people to by other tools or what. He told me that the best hammer drill out there today is the panasonic. Not too sure if he's right but anyway that's it for now.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Working...
                              X