No announcement yet.

TS3650 - Is it generally a solid saw

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chase me away? Oh no... I have a tough hide.

I do have a question about the saw. The miter dial gage plaque thing (parden the newbie terms). Can that be replaced with something more accurate? That is the only thing I have seen on the saw that I don't care much for...

Thanks

Comment

Ever notice woodnet is full of grizzly thumpers. If you mention any tool but that, they say you can get X exact same tool for cheaper. I think it's funny how every web forum tends to attract different tool buyers.

I found another that is pretty pro ryobi and less expensive tools.

Take everything with a grain of salt. Most saws in the 500 + range are good. After that it depends on what you want.

Jake

Comment

Jake, thanks! I feel comfortable with this purchase. The only think that is causing me to NOT make that 100% choice is the doubt that people have put in my mind.

Again, anyone know if the miter dial plaque thing can be changed?

Comment

Yes - There are lots of aftermarket miter gauges that'll be more accurate. Pricing goes from about $30-$200 and up.

Comment

Thank you! VERY good to know!

Comment

I'm off to HD to go by that ridgid! Woot!

Comment

Cool,

Hope you enjoy your new toy.

Jake

Comment

Awh man,

I just realized something. Does this mean that we have to hijack another thread.. lol

I was kindof enjoying this one

Jake

Comment

Perhaps Jake... Perhaps!

I occured to me tonight that I have a cousin who works for Home Depot. Gave her a jingle. She was not able to get me a employee discount, BUT, she can get me a 10% coupon. She said that about this time of year HD gives thier employees a discount coupons, said she would give me hers! Yippie. I also got two Freud Diablo blades. One 24 tooth the other is a 80 tooth... Two C-Clamps for putting the saw together and two new combo 16" combo squares.

I WAS SOOOOOOOO TEMPTED to get the Ridgid planer/jointer unit.... So tempted. Could, wanted to but... Oh hell... I still may.

Comment

Congrats my man - you'll be happy. And I'm sure it will serve you well. Gets to the point you have heard so many opinions both ways you sit back, say whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Heck - I'm buying this one!

jake - I want to locate a forum of primarily Black and Decker users that doesn't allow anyone else in......they do eye scan before you allowed to enter. Know where I can find it-I lost my bookmark

[ 01-24-2004, 10:12 AM: Message edited by: Cranky ]
                      Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
                        Awh man,

I just realized something. Does this mean that we have to hijack another thread.. lol

I was kindof enjoying this one

Jake
                        yes it' does ..... wassssssssssss the next one gonna be [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Crany, it will be someone just like me asking the same ol question.

I'm afraid to go over to the woodnet forums. They are brutal over there. There is as of last night a 8 page long tread on this saw and other issues. I have not had a chance to catch up on all of it since it was six pages long. I was gonna go post last night saying I bought my ridgid, but, I seen I had a lot of reading to do first.

Comment

Yeha woodnet can be brutal sometimes on the toolfront... lol. But it's ag reat place to learn. Especially in the first forum about techniques and projects. I just hit the point with tool that I say my piece, try to get people to look at everything and slow their decision making and give my point and shuddup. Sometimes I get sucked in though.

Cranky YOU pick the next forum. I'll jump in.

Can you believe I had a 2nd good HD experience in a row today. Decided to get tools off floor and make pegboard framed with wood today. I had my tools on everything. floor / toolbox / new and old tablesaw. Couldn't find a thing.

LOL

Jake

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
                              Yeha woodnet can be brutal sometimes on the toolfront... lol. But it's ag reat place to learn. Especially in the first forum about techniques and projects. I just hit the point with tool that I say my piece, try to get people to look at everything and slow their decision making and give my point and shuddup. Sometimes I get sucked in though.

Cranky YOU pick the next forum. I'll jump in.

Can you believe I had a 2nd good HD experience in a row today. Decided to get tools off floor and make pegboard framed with wood today. I had my tools on everything. floor / toolbox / new and old tablesaw. Couldn't find a thing.

LOL

Jake
                              You and m00n - gloats and gloats and having fun...that be the way it should be. Happy as he!! for you both.

I think I'll avoid hijacking one on the 8" jointer but tempted as needing one now for big project.

I guess we need to keep eyes open and grab when the "gitten's good".

HD - twice! Great ---- I won't hex it by saying anything more >>>whispering sooooo softly<<< maybe they turning the corner at all locations. I'd say my satisfaction rating now at a 6.5 of 10.
                              Not bad really factoring in everything. If they ever hit an 8 I'd say it best I personally can expect based on business model. I'll always dream of a 10 tho

So - glue up dry and all finished? Are you putting a finish on them?
                              You done it now too ---- when they up ya have no excuse for mess anymore. See what you did to yourself

Comment

Not done yet. Glue not working all that well that I'm using. Frame is fine though. I'll have to play around with some ideas tomorrow if Gorilla glue doesn't set into pegboard. Not gonna finish it for a lil while. Size will be varrying for a little while. Once I got a handle on how big and proportions, I'll consider a nice border out of scrapwood and worry about some finishing possibly.

Home Depot is only a block from my house so I've given them a million 2nd chances. LOL. Doing well as of recent. But had lots of bad experiences before that. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X