X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DW929 vs R84001

On Black Friday, I bought a Dewalt DW929 ($120)from Lowes and a Ridgid R84001 ($99) from Home Depot. I now have to choose which one to keep. Anyone have pros or cons regarding these two 18-volt drills.

My problem with cordless drills is that it cost more to replace batteries than buy new. I have a 14.4 volt Milwaukee, which is a great drill. But I need two new batteries, which cost about $65 each. I went through the same issue with an older 12 volt Dewalt.

Limited Lifetime Service Agreement, with the Ridgid gives you free batteries for as long as you can wear them out. Oh, and thats at no charge to you. Check it out at the main Ridgid website.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Absolutely---what BadgerDave said! I had the 12 volt Ridgid for a month and a half before exchanging it for this 18V at $20 less. The 12 volt was fantastic; I can only imagine the 18V is going to be even better. And you can't beat that Lifetime Service Agreement.

Dave

Comment

dewalt only has a one year warranty and my dewalt 18v dw988k-2 sometimes has clutch problems.

I have the 18v x2 but would also want the 12v x2
        "Diplomacy is saying nice dodging until you can find a rock." Will Rogers
        "If a Monkey can do your job, are you in the right profession?

Comment

Originally posted by Polar Sparky 1224:
          dewalt only has a one year warranty and my dewalt 18v dw988k-2 sometimes has clutch problems.
          Dewalt has a 3yr warranty 1yr free service and 90 day money back Guarantee.

But I would still go with the Ridgid.
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X