X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS2400 blade height adjustment retrofit

I bought a TS2400 (and like it a lot) but noticed a few months later that there was a newer model (the orange one) and one of the changes (other than the color) was that there was a blade height adjustment lock right on the handle. I found that this was a good design improvement, especially since the blade height was really the only thing that I had an issue with on the Saw (slight downward blade creep as the the saw was used.
    So for the question...Has anyone done a retrofit of the new parts on to the older saw? I talked with the folks at ridgid and they said that it IS possible, I was just wondering if anyone has any advice (what parts can be re-used, etc).
    thanks

Don, I can't answer your question, but would like to say that I have a 2400 that I have been using for 2 years and NEVER had the blade height change on my saw during use. In my opinion, instead of changing the saw, I would contact Ridgid for service. Your saw has a lifetime warrenty and you should not be having this problem.
    info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

I agree. The grey machines carried a Full Lifetime Warranty. The warranty that came with my 3612 states that "RIDGID® tools are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and material. This warranty lasts for the lifetime of the RIDGID® tool. Warranty coverage ends when the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material." If your blade height mechanism is not holding the blade at the height you set it at, it sure sounds like a defect in either workmanship or materials to me.
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X