X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New RIDGID Jigsaw

I was looking at the specs on the new jigsaw and it seems to be in line with other top rated saws as far as power, orbital settings (1 more than most), stroke length, and no load SPM. Is there a misprint on the specs or does this thing really weigh 10.6lbs? I have a Freud and it weighs 5.4lbs, Bosch weighs in a 5.5lbs, can the RIDGID really be that heavy and if so, why?
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Dave

I assume that is a misprint, when compared to the Metabo Jigsaw they appear identical in almost every aspect except color. The Metabo weighs in at 5.7lbs so I would think the new Ridgid is the same.

Woodslayer

Comment

I went to the Metabo website, to compare the their jigsaw with Ridgids, and did some browsing around. I noticed that alot of their corded power tools (Orbital sanders, Jigsaw, drills) look like Ridgids new line. I mean they look EXACTLY alike besides the color scheme. The shapes, the screw-holes, the knobs, the vents...etc are all the same. Is Ridgid using Metabo's design or vice-versa???
      Thanks,<br />Erwin<br />\"It\'s all in the grain.....\"

Comment

The weight listing is a mis-print that we will fix. Thanks for pointing this out. The RIDGID jig saw weighs in just under 6 pounds.

Comment

I was perusing some old magazines and I noticed a review of the Metabo Jigsaw in the February 03 issue of Popular Woodworking. They did an initial review 3 years ago and have continued to use it and still have a very favorable opinion of it. If this is any indication of what we can expect from the new Ridgid line and they are priced competitively, there may be some new competition it the portable tool industry. One minor unique feature I really like is the icon on the plug of the tool, if you have ever had to keep plugging and unplugging a half dozen tools in to the end of an extension cord you know what I’m referring to.

Woodslayer

Comment

Working...
          X