some has got to have the answer for this one

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some has got to have the answer for this one

why i ridgid power tool(wood working tools)only sold at home depot?is this some type of agreement beteewn them? does one onw the other?or is something of that i just cant seem to think of????
    i just thing there name would get out there more if they sold to lowes ace truevalue and a few others.
    9/11/01, never forget.

Ridgid WW tools aren't only sold at Home Depot. I believe that Home Depot does hold the contract for retail sales of NIB Ridgid WW tools but these tools can also be purchased from authorized Ridgid industrial distributors such as wholesale plumbing distributors. Home Depot does offer the best prices of the examples I've seen. There also is a company, Cummins, that sells recon. Ridgid WW tools.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

Yeah

cummins industrial traveling crap show sells refurb ridgid tools. I have never seen any of their woodworking tools anywhere else other than at HD (at least the shop tools), i have not been looking for their hand power tools so that i don't know.
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Home Depot is the sole big box retailer for Ridgid tools. They can be bought at authorized dealers like Plumbing Suppliers and so on. If you look at most of the big box retailers, HD, Lowes, even Sears. They all have their proprietary brands. HD has Ridgid/Ryobi, Lowes has Hitachi and Sears has Craftsman. The main reason for this is to offer the consumer a product that is exclusive to them and will draw them into thier stores. Home Depot does not own TTI(which builds Ridgid,Ryobi,and now Milwaukee tools along with Homelite/Toro lawn equipment.)They just have a contract agreement to be exclusive there.

[ 06-25-2005, 10:24 PM: Message edited by: Cuj0HD ]
        Jeff

Comment

thanks guys i know some one had an answer
          9/11/01, never forget.

Comment

Working...
          X