X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gift card rebate gone WRONG

I still haven't received my gift cards (from the promotion in AUGUST!) so I called Ridgid's customer service line this morning. Their reply was that my gift card should be mailed in 2-3 weeks. When I told them that I should be receiving two gift cards, they informed me that they only had "record" of $250 of the $300 in gift cards that are due to me. I was informed that "[they] are not responsbile for any items lost or misdirected in the mail." In other words, even though I have COPIES of the rebate forms, the UPC labels, and all my receipts, I was informed I am S.O.L. on the last $50.

I submitted two rebate forms--one for a $250 gift card and one for a $50 gift card. Both were mailed on the same day, from the same mailbox, in identical envelopes. I don't believe this is a great conspiracy to defraud the public, just poor accounting practices and horrible customer service.

When I asked to speak to a supervisor, I was transferred to voice mail or in other words--a dead end.

Is there a Ridgid customer service representative that reads this message board? Can anyone provide me with the phone number of someone who can rectify this matter?

It is unforunate that it has taken almost 4 months to receive my gift cards but much more problematic is the fact that I am being swindled out of money that is owed to me. I followed all of the appropriate steps and yet, I'm being treated like I'm the one at fault.

I too am SOL on my giftcard. I have not received anything from the August promotion, and when I called (5 times, and 2 emails) they told me the same thing, that they have sent them out and if I didn't receive it then they cannot be responsible for lost mail. What a load of crap.

They have all my information in their system, so the rebate form surely made it to them, but they have no record of when and if the giftcard was sent out. I have to agree with you on the horrible customer service, I'm not sure I even want any products from a company that doesn't give their customers the time of day. Send me my UPC's back and I will return the $1200 in un-opened Ridgid products that I purchased.

Comment

Originally posted by wyboc:
      ......I have not received anything from the August promotion.........

Send me my UPC's back and I will return the $1200 in un-opened Ridgid products that I purchased.
      So let me see if I have this right, you've had $1200 worth of tools for, at the very least, 3½ months and you've yet to unbox any of them. I'm wondering if maybe you might not be full of the stuff that comes out the back end of the bull.

[ 12-13-2004, 01:24 PM: Message edited by: badgerdave ]
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Or worse yet. A c*llect*r ! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
        Lorax
        "Did you put the yellow key in the switch?" TOD 01/09/06

Comment

[quote]Originally posted by badgerdave:
          Originally posted by wyboc:
          ......I have not received anything from the August promotion.........

Send me my UPC's back and I will return the $1200 in un-opened Ridgid products that I purchased.
          So let me see if I have this right, you've had $1200 worth of tools for, at the very least, 3½ months and you've yet to unbox any of them. I'm wondering if maybe you might not be full of the stuff that comes out the back end of the bull.
          Now, on to the rebate thing. I used to work in the Clearing House/Bulk Mailer business a few years ago. For those of you not sure what a Clearing House/Bulk Mail operation does, he ya' go.
          Many big companies like Ridgid, Dewalt, etc hire a third party company(clearing house/bulk mail logisitcs business)to process and manage the rebate programs and advertising mailers. Ridgid probably has no clue of who has mailed in what. The contracted CH/BM firm does all the work as a third party contractor for companies that lack the manpower, facilities, or knowledge how to manage the rebate programs.
          You have a bunch of employees on an assembly line, opening your rebate envelopes that you sent in. Next,the sender's address and promotional campaign type is input into a database. After that, they compile the database of customers, the third party cotractor then packages the goods, stuffs the return envelopes and takes care of what the BIG Corporations can't handle.
          I would be very suprised to find out that any direct Ridgid employees ever even touch your envelopes. I was in this business for a few years and most Large companies use CH/BM to handle the rebate campaigns.
          So as you see, calling ,griping, and threatening Ridgid won't get you anywhere since they more than likely are not involved in this process.
          For those that do receive the rebates , gift cards, etc...take a look at the Sender address and chances are you can look up the business (Ship from or Origin)on a web site like http://www.411.com and you probably won't even see Ridgid's company name on the listing for the mailer.
          Keep this in mind when you threaten Ridgid. They don't know who you are or where you live. But if you played by the rules and sent in all the required items like receipt, proof of purchase, you WILL get your rebates...Trust me...these programs create a bulk mail back log from He** and it can take as long as 4-6 months when there is more requests for rebates than they originally projected..Savy???

[ 12-16-2004, 01:35 AM: Message edited by: swhalen ]

Comment

Originally posted by swhalen:
            Why in the hell would you buy $1200 bucks worth of tools to have them end up lanquishing in the corner of your shop like surplus s***.
            Maybe he is in the process of building a new shop, moving to a new house, trying to sell his old equipment, or even deployed overseas. Before you jump to conclusions, try to think that everyone's situation is not the same as yours and have a little bit of tolerance. In my personal example, I left my tools in their boxes for almost two months while I poured a new concrete floor in my garage.

Originally posted by swhalen:
            So as you see, calling ,griping, and threatening Ridgid won't get you anywhere since they more than likely are not involved in this process.
            I don't agree. Let's look at the example of a general contractor working with his subs. If the plumber doesn't get his job done then the drywall crew can't put up wall board and the job gets behind schedule. Who do you think takes the flack for this? The plumber? The drywall crew? No way. The general contractor hired the subs and is responsible for their actions. He is the person the home owner will ultimately hold responsible if the job is not finished on time

In the end, it doesn't matter if Ridgid hired another firm to handle the rebates or whether they took care of business internally--Ridgid is ultimately responsible for any complications in the rebate process. If the clearing house is not performing the job correctly, it is Ridgid's responsibility to work with them and make sure their customers are satisfied.

Comment

So let me see if I have this right, you've had $1200 worth of tools for, at the very least, 3½ months and you've yet to unbox any of them.
              That is correct...16 weeks actually, unopened. I didn't think this was rocket science....I will try to use concepts that are more easy for you to understand:

Example:
              1) Customer bought tools.
              2) They were expensive.
              3) Free gift card with purchase.
              4) Customer didn't receive gift card.
              5) Customer not satisfied.

Did this help?

Why in the hell would you buy $1200 bucks worth of tools to have them end up lanquishing in the corner of your shop like surplus s***.
              ...still in school, looking to buy a house here in Jan. Couldn't pass up the incentive's at the time(or lack thereof).

Keep this in mind when you threaten Ridgid.
              ha ha ha, threats huh, not sure where any threats were made?....just wondering when and if I will be receiving what is due. Unless you consider the horrible customer service comment a threat?!?

Apparently there are some die-hard Ridgid fans with little tolerance for any complaints about their products! I wouldn't know, I haven't used any yet, but if their customer service is any representation of their products then it looks like I just may have a load of "surplus s***" on my hands.

Thanks ksujeff99 for not ruling out logic before making your comments...

About the rebate and third party....I could really care less who is processing the rebates. That is like saying Home Depot cares what method of payment you use to purchase their products. Ridgid and Home Depot offered a promotion. Purchase $x amount of products, fill out a form, attach UPC's, allow 6-8 weeks. Seems straight forward, so why shouldn't the expectation of Ridgid and Home Depot to deliver their end be out of the question?.....especially after 16 weeks?????

Ridgid probably has no clue of who has mailed in what.
              Actually they have record of my rebate form, and they were successful in processing the free battery promotion in a timely manner. But you are correct in that they are unable to provide me with any date as to when or even if the gift card was sent out.

swhalen - I wasn't aware of the actual workings of these promotions, and appreciate your insight. I will continue to wait, hopefully it will arrive soon, but it is very frustrating.

Comment

I mailed in my promotion goods on September 1st. I just got my $100 gift card today, December 18th. Not quite 6-8 weeks, but it's here nonetheless. Don't give up yet, guys.

ksujeff99-
                How are you entitled to $300 worth of cards? I thought the maximum was $250 for over $1000 worth of tools purchased. Maybe I'm not remembering the details correctly.

Comment

I just got my gift card rebate on Monday 12/20. This was for the TS3650 that I bought in the August promotion. I mailed the rebate application in on the last day. Don't give up guys.

Comment

Originally posted by rustedrt:
                    ksujeff99-
                    How are you entitled to $300 worth of cards? I thought the maximum was $250 for over $1000 worth of tools purchased. Maybe I'm not remembering the details correctly.
                    You are correct that the form only listed gift cards up to $250; however, in the fine print on the back it says that there are "no limits" to the amount of gift cards that can be received. I mailed one envelope with $1000 worth of receipts and another with $300 worth of receipts.

As an update, I received my $250 gift card on Monday 12/20 but there is no sign of the additional $50 card. I guess I'll call them after the holidays and try to explain the situation

Comment

Originally posted by ksujeff99:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by rustedrt:
                      ksujeff99-
                      You are correct that the form only listed gift cards up to $250; however, in the fine print on the back it says that there are "no limits" to the amount of gift cards that can be received. I mailed one envelope with $1000 worth of receipts and another with $300 worth of receipts.

As an update, I received my $250 gift card on Monday 12/20 but there is no sign of the additional $50 card. I guess I'll call them after the holidays and try to explain the situation
                      </font>[/QUOTE]I'm sure they combined your reciepts and gave you a $250 card for $1000+ purchased. As is seen on the front of this:

http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/HDUS/EN_US/pc/common/060104_090104_RIDGID_PwrPlay.pdf#search='ridgid%20 gift%20card%20promotion'

If you have some fine print that gets you another one, then good luck to you. Glad your $250 came at least.

Comment

I mailed in my entry for a promo called Hat Trick in late January. Since I'd yet to receive anything early May, I wrote two emails through the customer service portal of Ridgid's website. Tom C, customer service rep, wrote back telling me that he "wasn't aware of a single recent Home Depot promotional that offered all three items that (I'd) mentioned".

The people tracking the Hat Trick promo at Ridgid informed me that they were really backed up on the promo. After a search, they suggested that I simply forget about it since they'd probably never received my entry.

So many Ridgid customers seem to be faced with a similar situation. What are the odds that all those entries were lost?

Comment

One suggestion for anyone who would mail in for rebates or gift cards with UPC codes and the like:

Send your letter certified return reciept. Sure it will cost a few bucks but you have a record of when it was recieved and who recieved the letter. It will help you with a claim if the company does not make good on its promises.

In fact, if a company does not honor its rebate claims you have the right to return any merchandise for a full refund as it was sold to you under false pretenses.
                          Work hard, Play hard, Sleep easy.

Comment

Working...
                          X