X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toolesq:
    I got a TS3650 last week at full price. Today, I went in to HD with the receipt and got about $128 back, with no problems. Very happy. I would think that as long as you are within the 90 day period, you could get the difference back.
    Yep, you can get the $128 back as long as you are in the 90 day period. I went today and initially the customer service rep told me that I could only get the 20% refund within 30 days of my purchase, but when I talked to the manager and pointed out that I could roll my 3650 in to the store, return it (under the 90 day guarantee), and buy a new one for 20% off, they gave me the refund.

Comment

Phew. Well, I just had the best sales day since I took over this department in August. What a mess. [img]smile.gif[/img] You know the worst problem with working around this stuff every day? Want. As in, "I want this for myself." "And I want this too." "And this."

Today I finally broke down. Almost 4% of my department's total gross for the day came out of my wallet. So much for my gross margin (both business and personal).

[ 12-19-2003, 11:40 PM: Message edited by: SuperDave ]

Comment

Well I know where I'm headed tomorrow morning. Just got my 4 piece combo 2 weeks ago for 479.00. Looks like I'll be getting around $105 back after the tax!

You really can't go wrong with this set. $383! That's a heck of a deal.

Comment

Read this thread at 9:00 pm Friday and headed immediately to HD. They close at 10:00. Got the only 3650 in stock for $429.84 by opening an HD credit card. Also, don't have to pay anything until January 05. Incredible buy. Will be delivered into my garage for $525 including sales tax.

I was considering a General 50-185, but it would have cost about $875 with mobile base, blade, tax and delivery. I liked the idea of a better fence and 2 hp motor, but not for $350 difference.

I only started looking several weeks ago. This is my first ts and there is a lot to learn. Many thanks to the posters for a lot of helpful information. Particularly the posts tonight that said get to HD now. I didn't realize it, but they don't give rain checks if they are out of stock.

Thanks again,

Rob

Comment

I'm going tomarrow to get a price adjustment, on my 4pc combo kit, 12"mitersaw, angle grinder, 5" ROS. I suspect about $200 bones back, not bad for a few minutes on a saturday [img]smile.gif[/img] . I wish I had an extra 10% off coupon, where did you get yours and how do I sign up to get one in the future.

Have a great weekend shopping and a happy holiday,

Ryan

Comment

I didn't have a 10% coupon, but you get 10% off your first purchase when you open up an HD credit card.

Comment

Man what a SALE!!!
                I just bought the 12' Miter saw for $299-30% and
                the 18V (non-X2) cordless drill for $174.00-30%!!
                I called a friend, and he went and bought the table saw for $597-30%, the 13" Planer for $399-30%, the Recip. Saw for $99-30%. All Ridgid, all lifetime warranty.
                There was a Dewalt Rep. at the Home Depot that was trying to talk me out of the Ridgid products I bought. I just told him...Lifetime Warranty...If Dewalt was offering a Lifetime Warranty, I'd be buying Dewalt.
                He (Dewalt Rep.) then tried to tell me Ridgid would only replace the batteries one time in the cordless drill. I told him he was wrong and kept shopping.

Comment

Originally posted by nlp:
                  There was a Dewalt Rep. at the Home Depot that was trying to talk me out of the Ridgid products I bought. I just told him...Lifetime Warranty...If Dewalt was offering a Lifetime Warranty, I'd be buying Dewalt.
                  He (Dewalt Rep.) then tried to tell me Ridgid would only replace the batteries one time in the cordless drill. I told him he was wrong and kept shopping.
                  Kinda funny isn't it. Seems like a better approach to him selling the Dewalt line would be to start talking about benefits of a Dewalt tool as opposed to giving false information regarding other tools and their warranty.

Right there his credentials just went down the pooper!

Comment

Lowes is matching the sale. So if there is something HD doesn't have or out of stock try Lowes web page

[ 12-20-2003, 10:46 AM: Message edited by: MoJoRisen ]

Comment

I bought a ts and a planer last week @ 10% off. I'm heading back today for the extra 10% credit. Do you think they'd let me change the purchase to a new HD credit card for the additional 10%?

As it is, I'll save an additional $74. What's another $74 to them. What if I promise I'll spend it all today?!?

Comment

I noticed the sale, and went and stuck one of the 18v Drill's in receiving until I can get the rest of the money from my brother for monday...for my dad's xmas present. We have plenty but the department head told me to go ahead and stash one just in case. Got home this morning and after I woke up, gave my dad the hint that power tools are 20% off, as the grinder is on my list [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Picked up the 3650 and the jointer today myself. My local store would not go for the 20% plus the new CC 10% so we only got 20%. But I got both for a grand total of $150 + tax out the door, so I am happy. [img]smile.gif[/img] The 3650 is a christmas gift from the inlaws, and I had a couple hundred $'s worth of gift cards.

Brew

Comment

I saw that Lowe's also has a 20% off sale and I ended up buying the Hitachi 8.2Amp 4 1/2 angle grinder.

The Ridgid/Metabo grinder was a too close to call 2nd choice for me and it ended up coming down to a $54.00 store credit that I had had with Lowe's.

BTW,the DeWalt grinders were made in Brazil or Mexico(depending on model) and their controls just wouldn't work for me.

Comment

If it makes the DeWalt rep feel any better, I picked up the 12V DeWalt Cordless Impact Driver. I've been debating getting one because of the compactness and using it in the shop and on Home Improvement projects. Been debating one ever since I saw the video clip of one in action at the Fine Woodworking site.

Since RIDGID hasn't announced any plans to produce one any time soon, I went ahead and picked up the DeWalt. If any are interested, I'll post how it does on shop applications (i.e. cabinet assembly, etc.)

Comment

The Home Depot store I went to didn't want to do the 20%+10%(credit card)off either. So I pulled out my cell phone and called 2 other HD's in the area and BOTH said "sure, we ALWAYS give 10% off for new credit card accounts," the manager at the store I was at then let me have the 20%+10% off.
                                The manager said each store has it's own rules,policies, and "special sales"
                                I don't like the inconsistancy between the stores, so I'm going to send an email to the Corporate office.

Comment

Working...
                                X