No announcement yet.

Lifetime Limited Warranty

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CWSmith
    Then, in April, 2005 TTI decided to provide a "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement" to go along with it's 3-year warranty..........This "Agreement" would also be offered to previous buyers of the Ridgid products if they registered them within a 4- or 5-month window of opportunity.
    To further clarify and I hope that I'm incorrect, although I don't think I am, but it's my understanding that only previous buyers of "orange" TTI /OWT manufactured Ridgid product were given the opportunity to apply for the LSA program. Those previous buyers of Emerson manufactured Ridgid tools weren't included and their tools don't qualify for LSA coverage.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Originally posted by BadgerDave
      As far as a warranty, NOT THE LSA, is concerned, if the warranty offered at the time of purchase was a lifetime warranty then you continue to have a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects but you're not covered, under the terms of the warranty, against any part that wears out due to normal wear and tear. However, you are covered for the normal wear and tear items under the LSA program which you are required to register for but which Ridgid is under no obligation to remind you to register.
      That's not accurate. The original "Lifetime Warranty," named "RIDGID HAND HELD AND STATIONARY POWER TOOL LIMITED LIFETIME SERVICE WARRANTY" also included lifetime service and did not require any registration. The advertisements stated the same, which I still have.

I never heard anything about having to register my tools until I stumbled across this forum again. And, I doubt that is correct anyway, because that was not a part of the terms when I purchased my tools.

So, I take it that you didn't call Ridgid Customer Service and speak to them directly about your concerns?
        ================================================== =======

RIDGID Full Lifetime Warranty
        What is covered
        RIDGID® tools are warranted to be free of defects in workmanship and material.
        How long coverage lasts
        This warranty lasts for the lifetime of the RIDGID® tool. Warranty coverage ends when the product becomes unusable for reasons other than defects in workmanship or material.
        How can you get service
        To obtain the benefit of this warranty, deliver via prepaid transportation the complete product to RIDGE TOOL COMPANY, Elyria, Ohio or any authorized RIDGID® INDEPENDENT SERVICE CENTER. Pipe wrenches and other hand tools should be returned to the place of purchase.
        What we will do to correct problems
        Warranted products will be repaired or replaced, at RIDGE TOOL'S option, and returned at no charge; or, if after three attempts to repair or replace during the warranty period the product is still defective, yo can elect to receive a full refund of your purchase price.
        What is not covered
        Failures due to misuse, abuse or normal wear and tear are not covered by this warranty. RIDGE TOOL shall not be responsible for any incidental or consequential damages.
        How local law relates to the warranty
        Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. This warranty gives you specific rights and you may also have other rights, which vary, from state to state, province to province or country to country.
        No other express warranty applies
        This FULL LIFETIME WARRANTY is the sole and exclusive warranty for RIDGID® products. No employee, agent, dealer, or other person is authorized to alter this warranty or make any other warranty on behalf of the RIDGE TOOL COMPANY.
        ================================================== ========

The above is a copy of the warranty that came with my Emerson/RIDGE Tool manufactured table saw. I'm not familiar with the wording of the Lifetime Warranty that was offered when the TTI/OWT manufactured RIDGID tools were first introduced. If the wording of the TTI/OWT RIDGID warranty is different, I'd be interested to know what it says.

Also, maybe I'm wrong but, I've always thought that hand tools were things like screwdrivers, wrenches, hammers, chisels, hand saws, tubing cutters, etc. and that corded and cordless tools aren't considered hand tools.
        I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

BadgerDave (and Ridgid1)

The second link I gave in my last post gave a link to Ridgid's current warranty and it clearly states the need for registration. The link takes a few seconds (with dial-up) to load. But that is the last and still current warranty statement as far as I know. It went into effect on April 15, 2005.

While I agree with you about your not having to register with the old Ridgid warranty, I think you have to realize that times do change and what was...WAS! NOW, you need to register your purchase IF you want the new Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. So, call Ridgid Customer Support and discuss it with them. They've been lenient in the past and I wouldn't suspect that you'd have any problem registering your tools. However, if you feel the need to be persistant about not registering; well I guess you'll have to take your chances.

I have a drill-press that was purchased under the original warranty (Lifetime with no registration required), a couple of sanders that were purchased under the "new-line" introductory lifetime warranty, and a two combos that were purchased within the last year, with the "Limited Lifetime Service Agreement". All of these are registered and all of these are now covered for as long as I own them... I don't believe in relying on "what should be", and much prefer the fact that I know that I'm covered should I ever have a failure.

Thanks for posting the "new" warranty. I can immediately see that it is not as valuable as the original one. I assume registering for the new warranty would invalidate your rights to the original warranty the tools came with, which would not be a good idea.

Here is the original warranty quoted at the bottom: