X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Saw?

I noticed this the other day and have yet to see any discussion on it, has this been covered before or is this a new item?
    http://www.ridgid.com/Tools/Worm-Drive-Saw/index.htm

Woodslayer

that is a new one on me....but i would still go with the Skil. I'd have to try it to sway my mind
    \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Skill now has a new model, the MAG 77 of their flagship saw the HD-77. It is of Magnesium construction probably in answer to Ridgid's saw or maybe it came out before Rdgid'd, don't know. Anyway the MAG 77 is supposedly 2 pounds lighter than the HD-77.

Comment

While they put out an aweful lot of cheap junk, Skill is still the "gold standard" on worm drives. Unless Ridgid has a good price incentive, why would you change?
        Dave

Comment

Skil is the standard form worm drives. Thats why Ridgid used it as a template and then supposedly improved from there. We just got these in our store this week so I haven't had a chance to play with it yet. But I will soon and we'll see if it is better than the skil.
          And the price on the Ridgid($169.00) is right in between the HD-77(159.00) and the Mag77.($179.00)
          Jeff

Comment

Working...
          X