X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid Recip Saw Problems, Warr. Problems

First, I am not a new mem to this Forum. Just changed names.... I bought a 18v Quad Pack in Oct. 03. Have had no Problems with the Kit. I use it daily! I am a Pro Contractor in Birminhgam. 4 weeks ago i was using the recip saw cutting paneling for a door way frame up. Blade Shaft SNAPPED. Broke.! Called Ridgid, they gave me 3 service centers In BHAM. Contacted them, Took recip saw to get warr service. 2 weeks later did not hear anything so i called the Center and they said ridgid was sending the part. another 2 weeks later the Service center guy called me today and said "i wanted you to know i contacted ridgid and they said they did not know when they would get the parts, no idea.!!! they don't have the service parts!"

So my---Recip down over 4 weeks... Now i Call that a great warr & service Plan!

THAT WARR. and SERVICE PLAN SUX ,,, Thats my VIEW! COME NOW RIDGID????

THE CIRC SAW ROCKS! THE H-DRILL ROCKS! THE FLASH-LIGHT ROCKS! THE RECIP SAW @!^*S! I NEED SOME ANWSERS???

I AM A RIDGID SUPPORTER, BUT IF I HAVE TO LOOK FORWARD TO THIS TREATMENT ON THESE PRO TOOLS! BREAKING DOWN AND TAKING MONTHS TO GET SERVICED THAT IS NOT COOL>

SIGNED: D

the only thing you will get parts for in about a week is the real ridge tools. that is there threading line and their drain cleaners,hand tools. the other stuff that you like so much is not ridgid only the name. i have a circular saw in for repair and been waiting on a new shoe for 3 weeks now (we are dealing with ryobi service)not ridgid. milw(king of the sawzaw) takes about a week as does all the major players in tool manu.

Comment

Jon,
      What service center are you dealing with on your RIDGID circular saw issue?

Comment

I apologize M2USA for hijacking your thread for a minute here but as long as this thread seems to have the attention of BrandMan I gotta ask him this question. "Why is it that here in Madison, WI, capital of the state, I can find a factory authorized service center for every major brand of tool except RIDGID? " In order to have any RIDGID tool I own worked on I have to drive upwards of 150 miles round trip to do so. This has been a problem for years and predates the RIDGID/TTI affiliation so TTI is off the hook on this one. With the number of excellent service centers available here I would think it should be relatively simple to set one up.
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Badger Dave...
          Try the following RIDGID Distributor / Service Center....

Jensen Equipment Co Inc
          N27 W23015 Roundy Drive -
          Pewaukee
          WI , 53072
          TEL: 262-547-5548
          FAX: 262-547-4973

Comment

BrandMan,

Taking my stuff to Jensen Equipment would save me around 30 miles on the round trip. I guess a 20% reduction in mileage is something but it's still a 120 mile round trip. I hope for Ridgids' sake that WI is the only state where people having to take their tools in to an authorized service center are this inconvienced.

I'm done now, have a great day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Dave
            Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

i guess brandman has no comment for my post to help remedy my service problem! hey brandman???

Comment

Working...
              X