X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cordless drill recharging

Anyone with feedback on how long the cordless drills are running before needing a recharge?

I drilled five 5/8" inch holes two inches deep into fiber reinforced concrete. Ran out of batt on the sixth hole about an inch deep. Took both batts to do it. I have the 18v X2. Not the hammer drill. I do not know how this compares to other drills on the market as this is my first 18v drill.
    In wood, the batts last much longer. Haven't had any complaints so far. Drill has more torque than your wrist can handle!
    Vegetables are what food eats.

Comment

Lodge,

you killed you batteries because you did not use a hammerdrill to go into concrete...you really could have burned out your motor as well. If you had a hammer drill you would have seen a different result I am sure

Comment

Don't have a cordless hammer drill and was in a location without electricity. How else were those holes supposed to get there? If I burned out a motor, or batts, I have the lifetime warranty right? I dare Ridgid to try and prevent me from enforcing the warranty. It would not be worth their time and money to defend themselves.

Comment

So Lodge, being a technician for almost 30 yrs I believe in the right tool for the right job. But your logic got me to thinking......I should pound nails with a slice of bread and when the bread fails I can bring the loaf back to my grocer.

Comment

I also believe in using the right tool for the job. Nothing beats it. But, when push came to shove, I had to use the only tool that I had available to do the work that I needed done. So are you suggesting that I spend another couple of hundred bucks on a cordless hammerdrill so that those six holes could be drilled? I do not drill into concrete that often and do so even less often in a location without electricity. So, I ask again, how else were those holes supposed to get there? If you have any useful advice, I certainly would appreciate it.
            As far as the warranty is concerned, have you ever used a screwdriver as a prybar? Sometimes you have to and when they break, you take them back to Sears and get a new one, right?

Comment

So, I ask again, how else were those holes supposed to get there?

Guess you could have spent half of forever with a mallet and star drill *shudder*

Don't tell anyone, but I once drove a nail with a rock, because there wasn't a hammer handy. Just between you and me, OK?

Dave
              Oh, love your .sig!

Comment

I drilled five 1/2" holes 3" deep in concrete with my ridgid cordless hammer drill in less then 2 min. After I was done with that I was able to build the steps and railing for the deck without recharging. That was around 100 3" long deck screws and still had plenty of power to spare.

Comment

Working...
                X