Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12v ridgid drill...charge drains quickly...

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 12v ridgid drill...charge drains quickly...

All,

I've just recently bought the 4 piece cordless 18v kit and a 12v regular cordless drill from ridgid. I bought the 12v seperately as I wanted a smaller(read lighter) drill for around the house/garage. Well I used it for the first time yesterday and from a fresh charge it didn't last long at all. I used it to help a friend hang some new cabinets. We only hung 4 of them before the drill crapped out. It didn't just slow down either, it went from running to dead instantly....I really hope the 18v's don't act like that. I'm wondering now if I should have just gotten the plain jane 18v(non-hammer)drill instead of the 12v just to have the matching batteries for the 18v stuff........

any ideas??

Ron

rferoni,

I think this is considered a normal anomaly with new first time charged Batteries.

Battery Guide

I have had to cycle my batterries at least 2-3 times before they started operating for longer periods.

Mike

Comment

I also found the charge life of my batteries to increase 30-50% after the fifth charge or so. Keep turning and burning rferoni!
      When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on!!!

Comment

Sweet!!.............Thanks..

Ron

Comment

Working...
        X