Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Saw blades

so does anyone have any more info on these suckers? Ridgid Saw Baldes

When did these come out? Haven't seen any of them at my local HD but that doesn't mean anything.
    I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

ne neither. first time i saw them was here. not familiar with them at all. at a glance they seem to have the same characterics as Freud blades.

i am unsure of the titanium coating. they do it for a reason obviously. i use the teflon coated blades...CMT to be exact. titanium drill bits, in my opinion, stick. they chip.peel too easy. this would be a concern of mine with these bkades
      \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

The new line of RIDGID(r) T3 saw blades are available and will be in stock nation wide shortly. They launched this week after several years of development and research.

The Titanium process that we have for our blades does not stick and in fact performs vastly better than teflon coated blades available today. The unique method that we have for attaching the carbide and machineing it provides you with a cut that requires almost no rework. The blades are designed to work cooler, resist corrosion, and provide you with the very best finish possible.

Stay tuned for more information.

Comment

The new line of RIDGID(r) T3 saw blades are available and will be in stock nation wide shortly. They launched this week after several years of development and research.

The Titanium process that we have for our blades does not stick and in fact performs vastly better than teflon coated blades available today. The unique method that we have for attaching the carbide and machineing it provides you with a cut that requires almost no rework. The blades are designed to work cooler, resist corrosion, and provide you with the very best finish possible.

Stay tuned for more information.

Comment

Any idea what the price on these new blades will be?

Comment

Called my local HD today and asked about the availability of the new Ridgid saw blades. Everytime I asked a question the clerk put me on hold while he looked for someone who had the answer to my question. Three question later and three times put on hold, he informed me that they don't have the blades in stock and that they don't plan on stocking them either. Whats up with that?

To be honest, I'm so impressed with the performance I get from my Freud blades that I doubt if I'd buy the Ridgid anyway. I just wonder why, time and time again, this kind of stuff keeps happening with Ridgid aftermarket accessories. Kinda dumb to continue to spend money on R&D and introduce new products when your sole retailer won't put the product on its shelves!
              I decided to change calling the bathroom the "John" and renamed it the "Jim". I feel so much better saying I went to the Jim this morning.

Comment

Product will be on your Home Depot's shelf mid October. You have my word you will appreciate the R&D, as well as the performance over your Freud blade, when you finally get to use one.

Comment

Anyway we can find a price list on these blades? I am in the market for a new blade and want to know if I need to wait or go ahead and buy another freud blade?

Comment

Originally posted by BrandMan:
                    ........you will appreciate the R&D, as well as the performance over your Freud blade, when you finally get to use one.
                    BrandMan, factory supplied samples are always welcome for testing and review.

Comment

Business as usual at HD. In my post of 9/28 I mentioned that I had called my local HD about these new blades and was informed that they didn't have any in stock and that they were not going to stock these blades when they did became available. Guess what I saw at my HD yesterday? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-20-2004, 10:21 AM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]

Comment

The new ridgid saw blades are in stock in the Albuquerque area stores prices are competitive. I'm dying to try one out.

Comment

Don't believe everything you here from the Home Depot associates when inquiring about new & upcoming products. Lets say I also can assure you that you will be able to purchase RIDGID blades real soon in the Depot (made by Freud with their patented laser technology and micrograin technology on the teeth). There will be two 12", three 10", and one 7 1/4 available. Prices will vary by market but I would bank on them being around $13-$14.00 for the 7 1/4 up to $75-$80.00 for the 12" . They will roll out in different markets at different times over the next while. Just keep checking when in the store, don't waste your time calling because they may be unaware of new releases.

Comment

Anyone use these blades yet?
                            I saw them at HD a month ago. The Ridgids were tempting, but had a 20-30% price premium so I went with Freud blades instead.

Comment

I tried the freud and was not impressed. but that was before the "glue line rip" and other blades. Once I bought my CMT GENERAL, and never looked back. I will never buy another table saw or mitre saw blade that is not orange, with the exception of a plexiglass blade, unless CMT comes out with one before i am in need of one on a regular basis
                              \"A SHIP OF WAR IS THE BEST AMBASSADOR\"<br /><br />OLIVER CROMWELL

Comment

Working...
                              X