Ridgid or Ridgid?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ridgid or Ridgid?

My understanding is Ridgid is a very high end brand. While everybody is on the web you all should be aware Ridgid PET are partly made by TTI and Metabo….. This makes the AC tools quite good besides the reciprocal which is a 20USD Chinese made purchased machine and does not compete with Milwaukee, etc. etc.

Anyway regarding the cordless drill’s, these are made in Horst Pudwill Ryobi factory called TTI. They are quite heavy (in weight) and assembled with of the shelf Chinese parts, of course they are not on the Ridgid level and can not compete with any pro tool.

It’s a pity Ridgid licensed the brand name to a company which has no history in tools besides commodity.

The only safeguard is the guarantee, please use it because these cordless tools will not last long and are NOT tools to be used by a pro.

Back on track?

[ 04-28-2005, 09:37 AM: Message edited by: peteraldi ]

Not quite sure exactly what you said or what your point is but I'll defend to the death your right to express it.
    ================================================== ====
    ~~Don't worry about old age; it doesn't last that long.

Comment

am not sure too exactly what he really meant.. but i think what he's trying to drive at is that, ridgid cordless tools/drills are not comparable with the best brands in the market today.. (or is it the other way around...)

Comment

I think in a roundabout way he was trying to say he would rather be on the Dewalt message board.
        Jeff

Comment

Originally posted by peteraldi:
          My understanding is Ridgid is a very high end brand.
          If Ridgid is a "very high end brand", where does that leave companies like Minimax, Felder, Laguna, General, PM's upper end, and Martin, etc.? That's a bit like saying Bose, Budweiser and McDonald's are high end in their respective markets. IMO Ridgid is a decent brand name with quality levels that range from mediocre to very good, and maybe even a some examples that are excellent, but let's not overlook the real high end that many of us will never encounter.

Comment

Working...
          X