X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cordless drills blow

I bought my drill in november. The batteries won't hold a charge drilling into sheetrock for 45 min., if the outside temperature gets above 80* the charger won't charge, 2 days ago the drill went up in a cloud of smoke. I should have bought a good drill, like a craftsman.

Trolling, trolling, trolling down the river........
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

I am sorry to hear about your drill. I would return it and try it one more time. If it still does not meet your satisfaction then swap it out for a different brand and to Badger Dave...why is it that anything negative from a new member is someone who is a troll?? Is it posible that maybe the tool did do these things considering all the things said here I have heard before

Comment

Well Bo, maybe I did jump the gun saying that closetmaker was trolling. Let me ask this of closetmaker then, why the devil have you put up with a drill whose batteries won't hold a charge for this long a period of time. The drill you bought back in November carries a Lifetime Warranty. Take it back and get a brand spanking new one. Thats what people do when things break while still under warranty.

[ 05-23-2004, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
        Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Say badger or whatever, when I get sprayed in the face by the peices of crap coming out of the INSIDE of the tool, it tends to make me just a little unhappy. And I did take it back to the worthless people at Home Depot and they wanted to give me static about swapping it out. Musta been you I talked to at Home Depot.

Comment

Yeah we're hooked on phonics

Comment

I bought my drill in december. My drill shorted out both my battries. Now the best ridgid has done for me was to send me a list of service places which I can't even get to b/c they are only open during normal bussiness hours. anybody have any ideas ???

Comment

I forgot to mention. Closetmaker is right. My Craftsman lasted me 2 years. My Ridgid 5 months. Go figure.

Comment

Help me understand something. Why would you buy a tool with no track record that costs the same or more as proven performers and one whose only advantage which is the warrantee and then complain without trying to exercise the warrantee?

You can complain about Home Depot but if you read the warrantee (which is assume you did) you will see they clearly states for service you must take it to a service center.

If the same thing happened with a Porter Cable (although I don't think it would) to get service you would have to take it to a service center.

Whenever I buy anything I research what it will take to get it repaired and count that in the cost. To me that is smart shopping.

Until you take it to a Ridgid authorized service repair center I don't think you have a complaint.
                  EdB
                  Rev Ed

Comment

I just bought the 18v combo and I do have one complaint about the drill. The chuck wobbles. Ever so slightly, but it wobbles. As far as battery life, I think there awesome. I cross cut 47 pressure treated 2x6's with the circular saw one after another (trimming a deck) and still had plenty of juice left to run the recipro. The best reason to buy Ridged is IT'S NOT DEWALT. I do commercial constuction and I'm absolutly sick of seeing "DeWalt" everywhere I turn. The only DeWalt tool I own is the 12" slider and I cant help that. They've got that saw nailed, hands down. But I love my 18v combo.
                    Go BRONCOS!!!

Comment

well, I am new here to but not to tools, hope I dont get slammed, but I have not had a problem with them yet, as far as the drill goes, I have a dewalt and it just doesnt stack up to the ridgid, though its a close second. Battery life doesnt seem to different.

Comment

I haven't detected any wobble in my chuck. I have the newer, revamped drill/driver with the handle behind the clutch setting ring. I wonder if a fix was made to that version?

Comment

Working...
                        X