X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I need a new sander and jigsaw

I need a new random orbit sander and a new jig saw. I already have a Ridgid 1/4 sheet sander, jointer, and planer and I am developing a soft spot for orange tools. I am looking for reviews on the Ridgid random orbit sander and jig saw. I am especially concerned with blade deflection on the jig saw.

Try this link for my sander opinion
    R2610
    and this one for the jig saw
    R3120

Comment

The Ridgid jigsaw is awesome. I have used it for everything from small scoll work to heavy ripping and it glides through any wood like butter. I can't say about the sander, I bought a PC random orbit just before the Ridgids came out. If I had not bought the PC then I would have a Ridgid now.
      info for all: http://www.hoistman.com http://www.freeyabb.com/phpbb/index....wwtoolinfoforu --- "I like long walks, especially when they are taken by people who annoy me."

Comment

Makita Jig Saw Model # 4340FCT....try it, get it in your hands!

Comment

Have heard good comments on the Ridgid ROS---but, blade deflection? Shouldn't happen on a good jig saw. We've had many discussions here about the direct relationship of quality and price level on jig saws-----Bosch is the most popular choice---and any saw that takes Bosch blades also gets a good vote----their blades are so far above the usual cheapy ones sold for low end saws, it's not even close.
          Dave

Comment

Thanks for your input. Last Saturday I was in my nearest HD (100 miles away) and took the plunge. Both tools work very good. The sander is a huge improvement over the Ryobi I was using as far as weight and balance. I did put the free disk on it and used very little before I tossed it and went back to the Nortons. The jig saw does work like the proverbial hot knife in butter. I had to order new blades as my others were universal shank, so the only experience I had was with the three freebies in the box. The blade will deflect a little in a hard curve, but I expect this will be easily resolved when I get the thinner blades I ordered. I read a review once on a Bosch where the poster said he literally cussed his old jig saw before and now he found using his Bosch kind of a joy. I would easily say the same thing about the Ridgid. I actually threw (perhaps hurled would be more acurate) my old B&D in the trash about two months ago due to a botched board from blade deflection. Unfortunaltly I was feeling poor and dug it out of the trash, straightened the base where it bent and kept using it. I am glad to say that now I that have the Ridged, it is long gone.

Comment

The R3120 accepts both types of blades

Comment

Working...
              X