X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Dado blade insert

I purchased a TS3650 and like it very much. The first job I did with it required the use of a Dado blade. I did the job without the blade insert because I needed to have the job done. I don't like operating the saw without the dado insert plate. I can't find any reference except the warning to use one in the owners manual. Where do I find the part #? I would like to order one before I start picking chipper blades out of my forhead!

mike

Did you call the place that you got your saw at? Yeah right!

Why not just make your own. Use the regular insert as a pattern and make a bunch of blanks. Whenever you need a different size dado, throw a blank in the saw and make a ZCI for different sized dados. Pretty soon you'll have one for every size you regularly use.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Hi Dave

I tried to get one at HD but like everything else they sell, they only sell the tool no parts! I did make one, I am lucky the new house I moved into had a shop (separate outbuilding no less) and the thing is full of scrap hardwood. Of course there is a vac system and OF COURSE it is not hooked up! There must be 2 feet of cedar under the saw oh well winter is almost upon us and I will soon have too much time on my hands. I just wanted the metal plate. I guess I would want to see the Ridgid site better organized. It seems as though it is very difficult to find part numbers. I need a small part for the saw and can’t find a reference on site or in the manual. I just have not had time to call and get someone to get the part # for me. But I assume Ridgid is like the rest of the new economy and out sources everything leaving only a few still working for the company. This makes everything so much easier for the few of us still working!

mike

[img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

They sure look like they will. But I am just going by the listing which does not include a reference to the 3650. And that is what makes me mad at all manufatcureres that do this. All references need to be complete and up to date so there is no doubt. I sure miss being able to shop at a complete supplier and dealing with HD type of places instead . I have however have had nothing but positive experiences with HD so maybe I should shut up.

mike

Comment

Suggest you check out the accessories that are available through www.ridgidparts.com.

Comment

I need this insert as well. I did check the parts site all they have listed is the AC1030 which does not fit this saw. Unless it's suppossed to be loose and sitting low on the table.

The AC1030 is less than half as thick as the original and is missing the tab that holds it down.

Karl

Comment

Check your Operator's Manual. There is a section titled, "RIDGID Recommends the Following Accessories". For the TS3650 you can use the AC1040 Dado/Molding Insert or the AC1045 Zero Clearance Insert(dado cuts only). I would not operate the saw without a blade insert!

Comment

Working...
              X