X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jigsaw Questions

Hi, I'm new to this forum, but I'm very interested in the new Ridgid Jigsaw. It looks identical to the Metabo Steb 105 plus jigsaw, and has the same specs. My question is are the accessories made for that jigsaw (i.e rip fence and circle guide) interchangeable with the ridgid jigsaw. Or will ridgid be offering these accessories themselves with their own name. Any insight or comments on the jigsaw would be greatly appreciated

I've been using the jig saw for about 2 weeks, Man is it sweet. On par with the Big 3 and a whole world better than B&D or Skil. No variable speed with the trigger I don't care, I run everything on full blast anyway. Time is $$$$$

Comment

I've been using mine for about 2 months. Its the most powerful I've ever used, it doesn't stall easily. My only complaint is that it doesn't track as nicely as the bosch. It is more powerful than the bosch. If you need precision and not alot of power then go with the bosch. If you need power without as much precision , then go with the ridgid.
      I suspect the tracking might be improved with a better blade, but I haven't tried that yet.
      I may return it and go with the freud. It is about $50 less and seems to be a good compromise between the bosch and ridgid.
      www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Isn't the Bosch something like 5.8 amps and the Ridgid 6.0 amps?

Comment

I don't own a jigsaw so Keep this in mind, but I read a post yesterday on

woodnet.com that Was question of which to chosse between Dewalt and Bosch. The answer was unanimously BOSCH. Even from the DeWalt owners.

http://www.forums.woodnet.net/ubbthr...reads.php?Cat=

Jake

Comment

Thanks for the insight. Does anyone have any thoughts on the milwaukee jigsaw, it is counter balanced, and also has some nice accessories. I am really curious about the potential accessories for the new ridgid jig saw

Comment

Originally posted by woodworkerjake:
              I don't own a jigsaw so Keep this in mind, but I read a post yesterday on

woodnet.com that Was question of which to chosse between Dewalt and Bosch. The answer was unanimously BOSCH. Even from the DeWalt owners.
              Not a very fair comparison. The DeWalt jigsaw is probably the worst tool DeWalt makes.

I also agree that the Freud is an excellent choice.
              Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Greg

If you’re willing to pay the premium that a new tool demands, the new Bosch appears to have bragging rights to the new power champs of Jigsaws.

http://hottoolprices.com/bosch1590a.htm

Woodslayer

Comment

The proof is in the pudding. I used the bosch before this new model and the ridgid. The ridgid did not track nearly as well as the bosch, but it cuts at least 3 times faster and didn't hesitate. The bosch had problems when you'd push it, the ridgid didn't.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Working...
                  X