X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Metabo = Ridgid (Corded tools)

I posted this in another thread, but I was wondering, is Ridgid using Metabo's design for their own line of corded tools??? If you visit Metabo's website, you'll notice that their jigsaw, orbital sanders, and drills look exactly like Ridgids new line. If they are one in the same, has anyone used Metabo tools??? If so, how do you like it???
    Thanks,<br />Erwin<br />\"It\'s all in the grain.....\"

Well, the drill above us in the graphic resembles NOTHING in the Metabo line. Not sure where you got that idea, but I see nothing (see Sgt Schultz)that even comes close to the new Ridgid design.
    Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Kelly

The key word in Erwins post was "corded", many of the tools in that line are indeed Metabo clones.

Woodslayer

Comment

You're right, I misread the post. The jigsaw is virtually identical. I don't know anything about Metabo though except that I've heard they were good tools.
        Kelly C. Hanna<br /><a href=\"http://www.hannawoodworks.com\" target=\"_blank\">Hanna Woodworks</a>

Comment

Looks like the Metabo BE710 is an exact copy of the Ridgid R7100 (or is it the other way around?)
          The R3120 Jigsaw copies the Metabo STEB 105.
          The R1000 Angle grinder looks like the Metabo grinders.
          The 2610 Sander mimics the Metabo SX E 450 Duo.
          Does that mean that TTI is making these Metabo tools, or is Metabo producing for OWT?
          If it don\'t fit, force it. If it breaks, \'needed fixin\' anyhow. 8{~

Comment

There are many simularities, but there are also many differences. Good eye though in noticing this.

Comment

I use Metabo tool at work all the time. I can say that I think that they are great tool of the highest quality. I mostly us a 7" grinder/cut-off tool for sliceing through metal. It gets rode hard and put away wet on a daily bases and it has yet to fail me.

Comment

I wouldn't go jumping to any quick conclusions concerning a look alike tool. It may look like a duck but if it don't quack like a duck its not a duck. HF has many tools that look like ducks but bark like a dog. Here's one http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=46813

[ 09-07-2003, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
                Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Alright here are the facts. I have many Metabo tools. They are the best on the market for daily users and usually priced high. Yes, there are now 5 new rigid corded tools that are being made by Metabo. Are they exactly the same? Talk to a Metabo sales rep today. Answer we don't know if exactly the same. Warrantee & customer service is the best in the industry. Metabo WILL NOT be servicing Rigid. My own 2 cents. In the past Rigid has had other tool Manufact. make them tools with different internal specs. (ie. bushings instead of bearings) I don't know if this is the case. Prices of new Rigid & existing Metabo are close. Personally I would rather own Metabo due to the service, but to each his own.

Comment

TTI the parent company of OWT, makes corded tools for Metabo, Fein, Senco, Ryobi and now Risgid. I don't believe that it is Metabo that is making these new tools on behalf of Ridgid.

The Metabo Limited Warranty is for a 12 month period. Ridgid's new January 1, 2004 Limited Warranty is for 36 months. Milwaukee's new October 1, 2003 Limited Warranty is for 60 months.

It doesn't appear that Metabo have such a great Warranty these days.

David

[ 09-11-2003, 08:40 PM: Message edited by: Cutbuff ]

Comment

Re: Metabo = Ridgid (Corded tools)

I read an article from Fine Homebuilding that Metabo makes the jigsaw for Ridgid.
                      I'm debating buying one tomorrow over at the TTI tool sale - $60. I have a Ryobi and it has been a big disappointment. I've bought several Rigidd products from there and so far so good. Some new and some reconditioned and both have been fine. The jigsaw is new so I hope my continues. I hope they start getting some Delta products soon.

Comment

if you go on tti web site check out the "aeg" tools. They are all the cordless RIDGID tools, same colors too.

Comment

Originally posted by cutworm View Post
                          I read an article from Fine Homebuilding that Metabo makes the jigsaw for Ridgid.
                          I'm debating buying one tomorrow over at the TTI tool sale - $60. I have a Ryobi and it has been a big disappointment. I've bought several Rigidd products from there and so far so good. Some new and some reconditioned and both have been fine. The jigsaw is new so I hope my continues. I hope they start getting some Delta products soon.
                          Was that article in Fine Homebuilding also 8 years old like this thread is? Hard to believe that what was what back in 2003 is what is today.
                          Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Originally posted by pesciwasp View Post
                            if you go on tti web site check out the "aeg" tools. They are all the cordless RIDGID tools, same colors too.
                            I want that 24v demo hammer that aeg has. Half tempted to try and order one and have it shipped here.

Comment

Working...
                            X