Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Documents Are Needed for for Ridgid Tool Warranty?

I have a number of Ridgid tools (CMS, jointer planer and surface planer)and have kept my original sales receipts as usual. I still have the original shipping boxes that the equipment came in. Needless to say these boxes are taking up a lot of space. Do I need to remove the UPC symbol (bar code) on the boxes as proof of my purchases in the event that I need repairs under warranty? Also, is there any benifit to keeping the boxes for repacking in the event that I were to move later on? Call me a pack rat........! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Chris Berg

For warranty repair work, your receipt should be good enough. For non-warranty service work, I think all you need to do is have your tools registered under the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. The Service Center can go online and verify that your tools are registered under the program.

Oh yeah, you're a pack rat.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Although NOT completely necessary, the UPC would facilitate your tool registration. You should register all your Ridgid tools so that any future service can be taken care of without futher expense (beyond shipping, anyway).

Keeping the boxes is probably more trouble than it's worth, IMO. Of course that depends on the extra storage room you may have and how far away a service center may be. Personally, I don't keep the boxes.

CWS

Comment

The question of boxes raises another issue actually for me. I bought my 12V cordless drill in the middle of October. If there should be an amazing sale on a better Ridgid cordless (say, the Canadian equivalent of the $99 sale that's on right now in the USA for the 18V drill), I'd like to return my 12V drill under the "90 day satisfaction guarantee."

However, although I have the original receipt, I don't have the box. I have the case, the drill, the charger, and both batteries, as well as the manual. The drill is noticeably used. Do you think I'll run into any difficulty returning it to Home Depot?

--Dave

[ 11-25-2005, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: canadave ]

Comment

Dave,

I just re-read the 90-day Satisfaction Guarantee and it really doesn't say it needs to be returned in the original packing. Here is a link to the warranty, so that you can make your own judgement:

http://www.ridgid.com/manuals/RIDGID3yr.pdf

I would give it a try and actually what more can they do than turn you down?

Good luck,

CWS

Comment

Thanks all... for the advice on keeping the UPC code and on slam dunkin' the shipping cases! [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]
            Chris Berg

Comment

I would give it a try and actually what more can they do than turn you down?
              hehehe thanks CWS for the link...I looked it over and as you point out, nothing seems to explicitly say they need the box. Boy, if I go in there and they try to turn me down though.....grrrrr! Even my wife said she'd bite their leg.

Dave

Comment

RIDGID requires a COPY of the reciept and UPC for the rebate and free tool promotions, but the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement requires that a COPY of the reciept and the ORIGINAL UPC code must be mailed to RIDGID in order to qualify...I destroyed my boxes before I knew this, and they honored the agreement, but it took a few letters...now I keep the UPC's along with the reciepts just in case. As far as the 90 day exchange, they say they need all accessories, not packing. I have hade a couple of RIDGID 18V tools fail shortly after purchase and HD only wanted the tool, batteries and charger for their RTV (return to vendor) policy. They did not want the carrying case because of the size and shipping concerns...Hope this helps

Comment

Just a reminder to everyone....COPY THOSE RECEIPTS as soon as possible. Home Depot reciepts are notorious for fading within a matter of weeks. If you wait too long, all you will have is a blank piece of paper!

CWS

Comment

Working...
                  X