X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• power tool cases

Just wondering why ridgid don't give nice cases with there power tools like some other companies.

What particular tools are you talking about? I have the Ridgid 2500 and 2600 sanders and just recently purchased the Ridgid R3000 Recip Saw and they all came in nice cases. As a matter of fact, I really couldn't imagine a better case, unless you are particular to a metal case, which I am not. I also know their angle-grinder, and drills come in molded cases also. Maybe you're referring to one of the cordless combo groups where you get several tools packed together in a fabric bag; if so, I confess that I haven't looked at those.

CWS

Comment

the palm sanders, I was looking on the net and it don't say they come with cases.Do they??

Comment

the palm sanders, I was looking on the net and it don't say they come with cases.Do they?? The ros 2610 don't come with one

Comment

If you are referring to the 5-inch orbital and the qtr sheet finishing sander the answer is YES! (They are the R2600 (orbital) and R2500 (qtr sheet) that I was referring to.) I do see that there is no mention of a case for the 2610, but I'd be surprised if there wasn't. That's considerably more expensive than either of the other two. I'd check the store.

These are very nice molded cases, with metal pinned hinges, fold-in handles, metal latches, and internal compartments molded to hold the particular tool, manual, accessory pad, etc. The accessory areas often (depends on tool) have internal velcro straps so keep things in place. The out-side of the case is even labeled with a profile and label of the tool it contains. Check out your local Home Depot store.

CWS

[ 05-01-2005, 06:37 PM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

Thanks CWSmith, ya I'll just go to the store and see because I like for all my hand power tools to have cases, ya know what I mean?

Comment

You would think the 2610 would have a case but mine didn't come with one

Comment

Working...
              X