X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patience is a virtue

I knew if I waited long enough things would work out.
    The Home Depot near me recently marked the Ridgid Jointers and some of the other Ridgid tools down as clearance items. They are also giving 10% off for opening a new line of credit. Between the two I just walked out of there with a Jointer for $269. I am still pinching myself.
    Now to get it down into my basement. This sucker is heavy.

IC
    Congrats, I have that jointer and love it.
    SCWood

Comment

While you're looking, check the prices on the miter saws they're replacing with the Exactline models. Like a 10" compound miter saw for $100? My personal Christmas list has Ridgid written all over it, and not just because I work for HD. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 10-18-2003, 09:42 PM: Message edited by: SuperDave ]

Comment

Thanks SC. I'm sure I will enjoy working with this Jointer. I've heard nothing but good things about it.
        And SuperDave. I hope you set some of those goodies aside for when your ready to purchase. I'm sure you know better that any of us, considering your an employee, that at these prices these tools won't be around very long.
        About a week and a half ago there were six Plainers in the store, still shrink wrapped. Today, there were none. Get it while it's hot.
        Cheers.

[ 10-18-2003, 11:01 PM: Message edited by: TC ]

Comment

Spent the weekend rewiring the shop for some of my machines. Namely, the RAS, band saw and jointer; all went on 220v.

All I can say, it's a whole lot easier to do the wire switching on the jointer BEFORE it is assembled. I had to take 1/2 the base apart to get to the little box on the side of the motor you have to get to do the 220 wire swaps.
          John E. Adams<br /><a href=\"http://www.woodys-workshop.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.woodys-workshop.com</a>

Comment

Working...
          X