X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about my ROS

Can someone answere a question for me. Does an ROS normally only turn part of the time. When I say turn, I mean the circuler rotation of the head. Not the random elipticle movement. I have a Ridgid 6 inch unit and it seams when I place it on the wood and apply moderate pressure the head wants to stop rotating. Or at least slow down and rotate in odd patterns. Is this to do with the "Random" nature of the machine. Or is mine messed up. Its not more than a few months old and only has an hour or so on it. Its my first ROS and i am still learnig about it.
    Thanks for any help,

Steve

Actually, it's doing just the opposite of what it's supposed to do. you might want to check the belt to see if it's worn.
    Dave

Comment

The 6" ROS rotates at about 300 rpm at full speed when held in the air. with 220 grit paper on pine it rotates at 400 rpm under the machines own weight (which is all the pressure you need to get the job done) if I apply about 50 lbs downward force I can stop the circular rotation.

Comment

Thanks for the responces. I'll try the techniques you mentioned and see if thats whats going on.

Steve

Comment

Working...
        X