Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hopeful help with your laser problems!

I had the pleasure today to final talk to a live Ridgid rep at my local Home Depot regarding the dissatisfaction that I have had with the laser on my newest acquisition--the 12 slide mitre saw. The rep gave me two solid pieces of information today. The first one is that the saw may have the wrong laser packaged with it. It could be the laser washer for the compound mitre saw (no slide). This can be detected by removing the laser washer and looking at the serial number on the inside of it (blade side of washer). If the washer serial/part number ends in an 's', it is for the slide saw. If there is no 's', then it is not for the slide saw. If there is no 's', he said to take it back to the store and have a new one ordered for the slide saw. The second thing is that the laser is meant only to line up with the mark on your work piece when the blade is in the full upright position and spinning. As the blade is drawn downward, obviously the laser will slowly move out, away from the line on your work piece because the laser is mounted beside the saw blade. I hope that these hints help everyone with the same problem that I have been having. Also, keep your eyes open for new 12" carbide tipped blades made by Freud for Ridgid. They will be orange so you can miss them!

Also, keep your eyes open for new 12" carbide tipped blades made by Freud for Ridgid. They will be orange so you can miss them!
    My local HD has Ridgid blades. They are gold colored (titanium coated). Didn't see any orange though - not to say they don't exist.

Comment

I've tried the "blade in the full upright technique" to line up the laser and it didn't work. I made several test cuts using this method and on every single one the cutline always ended up to the right of my pencil line. Did the rep happen to tell you what to do if your laser disc did have an 's' at the end of the serial number?

[ 11-02-2004, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: Badger Dave ]
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Working...
      X