X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Table Saw Carton Size

Can I go to Home Depot and expect the boxed Table Saw to fit in the trunk of my standard sedan? Thanks

Fit? Possibly. Able to get in and out? Difficult to impossible.
    I got my 3612 into the trunk of my car with some difficulty. I could not get it out even with help. I had to open the box in the trunk and remove the parts of the saw one by one. I would measure your trunk opening and the box before buying the saw. If you know someone with a station wagon, van or pickup truck ask for help or borrow it. Depending on how strong you are you may need help. I am average size and strength and I could handle getting it in to the trunk. Even with help it is hard to handle, get help if you can.
    www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael:
      Fit? Possibly. Able to get in and out? Difficult to impossible.
      I got my 3612 into the trunk of my car with some difficulty. I could not get it out even with help. I had to open the box in the trunk and remove the parts of the saw one by one. I would measure your trunk opening and the box before buying the saw. If you know someone with a station wagon, van or pickup truck ask for help or borrow it. Depending on how strong you are you may need help. I am average size and strength and I could handle getting it in to the trunk. Even with help it is hard to handle, get help if you can.

Comment

Thanks, my sister a few blocks away has a Subaru Fottester. Another solution would be to take the box to my car and unload it part by part while checking for damage. Thanks again, Fritz in Sanibel, FL.

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz:
          Can I go to Home Depot and expect the boxed Table Saw to fit in the trunk of my standard sedan? Thanks
          Hi,

I just finished putting together a TS3650 table saw. The saw weighs about 280 pounds and the box is 42x29x18. It was a chore to load it into my Dodge Grand Caravan even with my wife and the Home Depot guy helping. I did end up taking the parts out individually instead of trying to heft the box out of the van. So, I think it would be a futile effort to try to get it into yor trunk. THe Forrester would be a better idea..Good luck!

Comment

I will be getting the saw and have decided to unbox it at the car and load item by item and then unloading at home (drive in garage) will be a snap.
            Thanks all for input. Fritz Sanibel,FL

Comment

Originally posted by Fritz:
              I will be getting the saw and have decided to unbox it at the car and load item by item and then unloading at home (drive in garage) will be a snap.
              Thanks all for input. Fritz Sanibel,FL
              make sure that you have something that you can lay the saw on...the top is covered in an oily goop.

Comment

My local HD has trucks for rent that might be a better option than taking all the pieces out of the box. The weight of the saw will likely have your tires rubbing on the fender wells.

Comment

Any way you haul it, it's not a one man job I would hate to see anyone hurt themselves trying to unload the saw alone and then not be able to enjoy it for a while. I can usually depend on a brother or friend to help with the bribe of a 12 pack of his favorite beverage. That is much cheaper than a trip to the Dr. for a bad back or broken foot.
                  Jeff

Comment

Working...
                  X