X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't want a bag, I want a case!!!

What's up with the 18V 3-piece Kit I just bought! I love the Hammer Drill, Circular Saw, Light and especailly the quick charger. The combo is great, but what's with the carry bag? It's too small to fit all the tools in it with the charger. I've seen other brands like DeWalt, B&D and some others that have a hard case that can fit all the tools and charger in one easily carry package. The part that annoys me the most is the fact that everything in the bag is loose and ends up banging against each other. Hopefully BrandMan can shed some light on this. I would gladly pay for a case that can atleast hold the charger, two batteries and the hammer drill. That was the only tool I really wanted, but only came in the combo kit (nice marketing scheme). Please, if anyone can shed some light on this matter, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

If the model #R841151 is the same 18V X2 cordless hammer drill that comes with the R921 3 piece kit, then you can buy it seperately.
    Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

well I just bought my 18v kit last night at Home depot...

first thing I did is make 10 copys of the receipt. You know how those things always seem to disapear.

I really like the kit except for a few little critics..

1. The grip is a bit weak it doesnt form to your hand. (looks like tennis tape for me)

2. And this is a big complaint...I spent over 500 bucks on this kit...And I agree with tool guy..

I HATE THIS BAG! Its really difficult to stack everything in this thing.

I too would have liked a hard case. now I have to worry about putting it on the bottom of my stuff in the van..

Other than those 2 things for now Im very happy with my new tools...

and I love the smell...lol..

primo

[ 10-26-2003, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: primokona ]

Comment

The bag is a ryobi innovation(sarcasm). I first started seeing the ryobi combo packages with cloth bags a few months ago. That ridgid is using the bag is not a positive sign. I have the ridgid jigsaw and the hard case that comes with it is great. It is larger than the jigsaw needs, obviously they didn't try to save a couple nickles with this case, why are they going cheap with the combo set?
        If they are trying to save money with something so apparent as the case, then I wonder where they are trying to save money with in the less obvious things.
        www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

First - the hammer drill in the combo kits is not available serperatly. There is a rear handle 18volt X2 hammer drill that is available as an individual SKU.

Second - Milwaukee was the first with a combo kit bag. Many other manufacturers have it as well. Don't think it is fair for you to give the credit to Ryobi for this one folks.

Comment

I don't understand why Ridgid can't sell any of the combo items seperate. They are loosing some of my money for this. I also agree with the bag thing. They need a case.

Comment

Brandman,
              Just going on what I've seen, and I've only seen the bags from ryobi. I don't believe anyone would want to take credit for the bag, consumers, in my opinion, would prefer a case.
              I have the ridgid jigsaw and the case is great, as far as cases go.
              www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Originally posted by Rafael:
                The bag is a ryobi innovation(sarcasm). I first started seeing the ryobi combo packages with cloth bags a few months ago. That ridgid is using the bag is not a positive sign. I have the ridgid jigsaw and the hard case that comes with it is great. It is larger than the jigsaw needs, obviously they didn't try to save a couple nickles with this case, why are they going cheap with the combo set?
                If they are trying to save money with something so apparent as the case, then I wonder where they are trying to save money with in the less obvious things.
                With all due respect, Rafael, I can confirm BrandMan's statement - Milwaukee combo kits have been coming in bags for quite a while now, far longer than Ryobi. Here's a link.

Having said that, I'd prefer to see the Ridgid tool combos in cases myself.

Comment

Superdave,
                  I believe you, I just never saw one. The milw kits I've seen came with cases. It's a bad idea no matter who had it originally.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Hey Brandman.....
                    Forget all the B.S. All I want to know is where can I get a hardshell case or even individual
                    cases for my 4 piece cordless kit?????
                    My bag is getting shaby and my tools are beating the hell out of each other.I know their guaranteed for life ...but I hope Ridgid doesn't blame me for abusing these tools when your bag is at fault!?
                    The bottom line is everybody hates the bag and wants a hard case so what don't Ridgid understand?????I myself am willing to pay for the case/case's,I'm not looking for a hand out, just want to take care of my tools.
                    I look forward to an answer from you sir!
                    Have a Merry Christmas!!!

Comment

I like the bag. Saves space and can throw in bits or blades. Also take out the tools you aren't going to use and you can put even more in it.

Comment

What's really funny about this topic is when you ask people who say their tools stay in the shop, they don't want a case at all. Others who toos them in their trucks love cases.

I just opened the 12V X2 drill and love the arraingement of packing, but wich they made some of that wasted space into screw compartments or bit storage. One good thing about all my DW cases is that there are a few sealed off compartments that always have screws and bits in them. if I try to do the same with the Ridgid case, they'll be all over.

Comment

i don't mind the bag, or course a case would be much better. the problem is that the bag is way too small. my brother has the Milwaukee combo set and the bag is much roomier. i can barely fit tools in this Ridged bag. make it bigger!

Comment

i don't mind the bag, or course a case would be much better. the problem is that the bag is way too small. my brother has the Milwaukee combo set and the bag is much roomier. i can barely fit tools in this Ridged bag. make it bigger!

Comment

I have the Milwaulkee kit and the bag is not as good as the case. It is large but not durable. The corners are getting holes and the tools do bang around in the back of the bed of the pickup. I have it now in the cab.

Comment

Working...
                              X