Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Herc-U-Lift Plus Deal!!!

FYI,

Was in the local Home Depot today, and there were 5 Herc-U-Lift Plus boxes sitting on the shelf. I have been reluctant to special order them, and the price of around $90 was a little stiff. The boxes were on the shelf with no price on them. When I asked the Tool Dude what the price was, he didn't know because they just came in. Making a long story short, he pulled them up and they were $49!! Crapped my pants and took the box to the check out. Just finished installing it on the BS1400. Moving the bandsaw around the garage is now going to be alot easier.

Every now and then there are good deals at the BOB. They are few and far between. But the small victories are great when you get them!

Happy Sawing.

Swede

I need 2 Herc-U-Lifts and can't find one anywhere. I have had them check stock at over 8 stores in my area and no go.
    You should have bought all 5 of them and put them Ebay. There is a guy that is selling 1-2 per week and getting premium prices from people like me who can find them local. Lucky You. Happy Holidays.

Comment

How much is a Herculift plus going for? I found one a Home Depot and they could not scan it so did not know the price. Also was the number AC9951?

Comment

I was in 2 HD's today (I need to get a life!) and saw 3 in one store and 1 in the other. They used to go for $89 or $90, but are now $49.99 at the HD's here up in MN. Your HD should be able to with enter the AC9951 or the POS bar code in the computer to get the price.

Hope it works out for you!

Swede

Comment

swede,

What other power tools does the Herculift work on ?

I have only seen it displayed on the TS3650.
          It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

steele,

AC9950
            Herc-U-Lift PLUS™
            Easy 360º Mobility for Any RIDGID® Stationary Tool with an Open Leg Set - Also Fits AC9910 Universal Leg Set and Some Craftsman Stationary Tools

That was straight off the RidgidParts.com website. I know that it doesn't fit the JP0610. Hope this helps.

Swede

Comment

I just bought a Herc-U-Lift Pro at my local Home Depot (KC Metro) last week to install on my work table's metal frame. I paid $49 like the rest in this post.

As for what the HUL will fit, I would say anything with an open base. I installed the lift on a leg set from a 30+ year old RAS. While I had to fiddle with the adjustments for about an hour, the lift works perfectly now. In the installation manual, Ridgid gives you approximate measurments and settings based on the size of your tool's base. By starting with those and fine tuning to your particular need, I don't think any tool would be a problem.

Comment

I could not find one either and made my own out of some 3/4 square tube, scrap pieces of steel 4 L brackets, and part of an old bed frame. Used a piece of wood for the step and a gate latch for the holding mechinism. Took a litte engineering but works great.
                (Big snow storm and was snowed in anyway)
                Total cost for materials was around $30.00 including casters.
                I could post some pictures later if you would like to see it. I used it on my old Craftsman Radial Arm Saw that I had just finished putting the free new table and upgraded gaurd on from the recall.

Comment

Here are Kevin@Osky's pix of his lift system.

[ 01-09-2005, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: steelewoodworker ]
                  It is impossible to make anything foolproof because fools are so ingenious.

Comment

I have not figured out how to post the pictures.
                    I could email them to you.

Comment

Working...
                    X