Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have to agree tButler6. I'm tired of hearing people saying this and that about Ridgid when they haven't even touched the tools.

I have a 12v compact cordless and it is a nice tool. Several friends have commented on the fit & finish, balance, and power. Great for tight places.

I just picked up an X2 model. What a difference in power and build quality! The drill is every bit as good as a DeWalt XRP. Throw in a dual charger, air cooled quick charge batteries, more torque, steel chuck, lifetime warranty, and attention to detail (the rubber pads are my favorite feature - especially with laying it down on wood cabinets), and the decision to buy Ridgid becomes pretty simple.

If you don't own a Ridgid tool or haven't used one, do this forum a favor and keep your ignorant opinions to yourself. They serve no one.

[ 12-01-2003, 12:25 AM: Message edited by: BH626Pro ]

Comment

If you look back at "exUsairwaysmech" and his posts, he freely admits that he owns no Ridgid tools and wants none, yet he has posted quite a few blatantly anti-Ridgid tool posts. I don't think he shares your sentiments. I feel the same way you do.

Comment

Simply amazing----all the instant experts who have only come to this board in the last few months, attacking people who have been around here much longer.

Did it ever occur to some of you that those of us who have been here longer just "MAY" have appreciated Ridgid tools before the thought even occurred to you----and that comments now called Ridgid bashing, retarded or whatever you're latest choice is, might just be based on some knowledge or experience?? Maybe, those of us recommending and supporting Ridgid products before, don't like the changes that have been made.
        Dave

Comment

well daveferg I think a larger part is simply put many of us have been long time users and just lately have actually found the board or time( ) to actually post, eh.......
          some I realize honestly seem to live on these boards based on the incredible number of posts they put up ____ great they have so much idle time I suppose. Or is it? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
          I really like to hear and see input from those who factually have or use a particular product before they tear it tear.....of course this is just my very humble opinion [img]smile.gif[/img]
          Wish I had the answers ..... even half of \'em

Comment

Tbutler6,
            Wife works at HD, When showing drills to customers, they are allowed to drop a few brands to show toughness. DeWalt, Ridgid, and Milwaukee are allowed to be dropped. Any other brands are basically do not touch.

Also FWIW, visited a plumbing supplier today and they had a new Ridgid catalog complete with all new hand tools and woodworking tools. They can get them, but I am awaiting a price from inside sales since I have a volume account there. (read: good discount)

Comment

Cranky-----think you missed the point---- Almost to the person, all the attacks and name calling have been from people who only recently joined this board. Prior to you and others gracing us with your presence, certainly we had disagreements, but never to the extent now sadly evident.
              Dave

Comment

Greyghost---guess I must have missed the news headline as to how popular you are when you move into a new neighborhood and start cr**ing on everyone's lawn. What I am saying is that the personal attacks started when this new crop of Ridgid die-hards showed up-----why don't you prove me wrong by doing an archive search. Previously, we were able to discuss the pros and cons of a method or tool without having some jerk attack us. If there is anyone around here with a know-it-all attitude it's people like you and Cranky, etc.
                Dave

Comment

I have been using the ridgid board since March and have seen personal attacks since then, or at least that is my perception. There are more attacks lately and, in general alot more nonsense. I do disagree with people sometimes and may say so, but I don't make it personal. There seems to be many new people here in the past couple months, some are good and add value, some are trolls, and some are in another category. Without new people this board would be nearly as bad as woodnet. Let's welcome new people; if anyone is bothered by a given person then just ignore them.
                  www.TheWoodCellar.com

Comment

Look Ghost----you obviously have issues. If you can't see the changes or think everything here is just fine---well, guess there's no accounting for taste.
                    Dave

Comment

Guys,

This is not nuclear war...Its power Tools. Lets all take a deep breath and can't we all just get along?

Bo

Comment

There is a reason for the lifetime warrenty and I dont believe its all just for the introduction of the new product line. Maybe there concerned the product cant stand on its own two legs.... Just a thougnt

Comment

Originally posted by grey44ghost:
                          [QB

Emerson/Ridgid has, if memory serves me right, at least an 84 year history of doing it not only right, but better than the other guy. [/QB]
                          Gee----I guess I must be mis-reading your posts again----seems, once again, you're claiming the new Ridgid tools are still manufactured by Emerson---and again----not true.

Come on GreyGhost----let's really be honest----are you just forgetful or do you work for Ridgid or OWT or any of the new "parents" of the Ridgid ww'ing tools? It's too close to Christmas to be dishonest-----otherwise Santa will fill your stocking with Rotozips. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                          Dave

Comment

hammered,

I see that you have come across the unofficial(or possibly otherwise) Ridgid "hammer".

If you go any further,his invective will rise to a fever pitch,and then "he" will say something along the lines of not having anything more to do with you anymore(thank God).

BTW,regarding warranties,why aren't we all driving Kia's?

Comment

I hate to do this but I have to agree with hammerd on this one. If you really think about it...it is a good idea. In facted talked to some random guy today in The Depot and he said it was a good marketing scheme. The only reason he was looking at Ridgid was becasue of the Warrenty. and I Qoute, "I've got a truck full of DeWalts and swear by them...but this warrenty is a good deal. Might as well give it a shot." And Deep down in side I believe Ridgid knew that people, esp. contractors already owned tools from other manufacturers and they needed a way to get their tools in these guys hands...So this is why they did it. If they truely stood behind their tools like they claim on this website they would offer lifetime...FOREVER. I think the proof is in the Pudding

Comment

Grey Ghost----you are a real piece of work----stop with the half-truths. I can read as well as anyone----what's the point of talking about 84 years of Emerson, when you're discussing the current ling-----I dare you to tell the truth of your affilliation and if you don't have any---maybe, since your love of Ridgid seems to be so blind, maybe you ought to think about going to work for them.
                                Dave

Comment

Working...
                                X