X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x2 hammer drill

Why is the chuck not all metal on the hammer drill as it is on the other X2 drills? It seems to me that the hammer drill is the one that will have to work the hardest.

I bought the X-2 hammer drill a couple days ago. After reading your message I checked my chuck. I like you hate plastic chucks. My chuck seems to be metal,it is cold to the touch feels like metal.

The chuck has a black band around it like the non X-2 drills but I believe it is metal.
    The chuck has lettering on it saying "Jacobs series 700 chuck"
    So far I am very happy with the wracheting chuck and the drill in general. Its a handful! 7+ pounds. but it seems to be built like a tank.

Comment

After looking at the chuck on the X2 hammer drill, I think it is metal. I assumed it was plastic like some of the others because it was black like the plastic chucks.

Comment

Good day,
        I am new to this site, but I do have a comment on
        the 3 pc X-2 set I bought the other day.
        Something is peculiar about the HD that was included in the 3 pc set because it has a different model #(R841150) and specifications than the
        stand alone model(R84015). The advertised ft/lbs of torque differ (465 vs 510) and the max spin rates vary as well. But the thing that has me very concerned is that the specs listed on this site for the 3 pc HD match those of the standalone drill which was my impression as I was shopping for drills and which now appears to be false. Seems a little low to be selling a cheaper drill with the impression that it's the best available. For anyone wishing to confirm this note, you might notice that the page has
        been set up to dead end before you can get to the specs. At least that has been my experience
        on this date.
        Not a very good impression to give to a brand new customer, as I'm sure most of us are.
        That said, the drill seems solid and has a good feel yet I just can't help but feel that I got taken advantage of somehow, someway.
        I'm in the process of contacting customer service and I'll try to get back if I get any info.
        Thanks for listening,

Comment

Regarding your question about the 18v X-2 torque,I sent an inquiry to Ridgid,because the manual claims 485 in lb torque (along with the box) and the Ridgid add states 510 in lb torque. Tom Clinksdale of Ridgid wrote back assuring me that the 510 number is correct. I obviously have no way of mearuring this,but my drill has alot of guts,it feels like a strong corded drill.

Comment

FURPEOPLE (I don't EVEN want to know where THAT came from! )

See my note at
            http://www.ridgid.com/cgi-bin/ultima...;f=15;t=000081

Comment

George, My comment was a response to Torsall(the paragraph before mine),who had a question about his drills torque rating.

Comment

I meant that I don't want to know where the handle "FURPEOPLE" came from. I'm afraid to know.

Comment

Working...
                X