No announcement yet.

?? for Brandman on Lifetime warranty

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ?? for Brandman on Lifetime warranty

I had a HD employee tell me that the Rigid Lifetime warranty on the Batteries is a one time thing. He explained that they will replace the battery once but after that you are on your own.

I have two questions:
    1. Is this true that it is one time?

2. If it is one time, is it for one battery or both?

You just have to love it when you go to what you believe is the source and get mis information. Let me help you clear the air here foneman.

1) Unfortunatly this HD employee that you encountered had it wrong. If you take advantage of the life time service promotion you will get the batteries replaced as many times as needed so long as you have the reciept.

2) It covers boths batteries. It covers other common wear items. In a nut-shell, it is a very attractive offer. IMHO.

3) I invite you to read for yourself. Just go to the power tools section of this web site and click on the icon for the Life time Service offer. A PDF will pop up and you can read for yourself what exactly is covered and for how long. You might want to invite the HD employee to do the same!

there are a lot of people out there saying a lot of things about this tool line and the offers we are making here at our launch. I am greatful to all those who have tried the tools and reported back that they like them. Its also nice to know that guys who like tools enjoy the special touches like overmolded grips on their tool cases! But - before anyone thinks that they heard something different about our warranty or product spec's, I invite them to first verify it on our web site. We work very hard to keep it current, up-to-date and factual.

Thanks Brandman, that is exactly what I wanted to hear. I am impressed with the new line of tools and look forward to purchasing a few before the end of the year.

i know you have answered a lot of questions about the warranty (thank you by the way), but i have another.
        i know the warranty says all waer items, the focal point seems to be the batteries.
        is the charger also covered?
        i actually plan on getting the three tool combo for myself and my dad and probably the 4 tool kit for my brother in law (sure would be nice if there was a 2 tool drill / circular saw combo [img]smile.gif[/img] )
        thanks again for taking the time to answer all our questions. it's nice to see someone actually answer questions instead of just put in the PC marketing reply that i see on a lot of other sites.

The answer to your question....YES! The charger is covered as well in the Service Warranty. As well, the charger, being a RIDGID tool, is also covered under the 3 Year Warranty. It the charger should fail from a defect in materials, componets or from how we assembled it, we will warranty it.