X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canadave,

I believe that your batteries are also covered under the 3-year warranty. Yep, I just looked at the warranty statement on the last page of my tool manual. Check "What is covered under the three-year service warranty". There it says. "... covers all defects in workmanship or materials and normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, cords, gears and even cordless batteries"

Hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

Originally posted by canadave:
      But that's just registering your product....it's not "registering for the LSA." To get the LSA, you apparently need to take the *additional* step of mailing the receipt copy and UPC to South Carolina.

Oh crap! The mail-in registration form that came with the kit had a Denver address on it. That's where I mailed the UPC and receipt.

==================================================
      To answer your other question: there's an "LSA Registration Form" that comes with your Ridgid product that asks for your name, address, and tool serial numbers (including batteries/charger). That would seem to be enough for them to link to your already-completed online registration in your eBox.
      There was no "LSA Registration Form" in the kit I purchased. Double
      Teach your kids about taxes..........eat 30 percent of their ice cream.

Comment

Dave,

There was no registration form with my kit either. I asked one of the "orange aprons" for one. There was one of those cardboard displays, with tear-off forms, sitting on top of their 3650 setup. I see on the form that there is room for four S/N's. One for each tool and also their batteries. I guess by that, you register your batteries separately?

There is also a statement on the form that reads: " * Registration required for the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Visit www.RIDGID.com or fill out this registration form to register."

Hmmm, that certainly makes it sound like you have a choice of registering online or by mail using the form. I think I'll give them a call on Monday.

Hope this helps,

CWS

Comment

I believe that your batteries are also covered under the 3-year warranty. Yep, I just looked at the warranty statement on the last page of my tool manual. Check "What is covered under the three-year service warranty". There it says. "... covers all defects in workmanship or materials and normal wear items such as brushes, chucks, motors, switches, cords, gears and even cordless batteries"
          Interesting...so then the LSA is really just a "subset" of their 3-year warranty? In other words, the 3-year warranty is an LSA *plus* the coverage of defects; the LSA doesn't cover defects, just normal wear and tear on items. Good to hear the warranty also covers batteries! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I see on the form that there is room for four S/N's. One for each tool and also their batteries. I guess by that, you register your batteries separately?
          Correct. However, this is another unclear point. If you register your tool online, it does give you a chance to register everything separately. However, the serial numbers for the batteries, charger, and tool are all exactly the same, except the tool's number has an additional few digits. Then, when you DO finish registering, everything shows up as a "subset" of your tool.

There is also a statement on the form that reads: " * Registration required for the Limited Lifetime Service Agreement. Visit www.RIDGID.com or fill out this registration form to register."

Hmmm, that certainly makes it sound like you have a choice of registering online or by mail using the form. I think I'll give them a call on Monday.
          Even though it sounds like that's the case, it's not (unless someone from Ridgid gives you a different story than I was given). This is where the unclarity and deception is. When you go online to register your tool, it lets you register them; but it shows you a three-step process to get the LSA coverage *over and above* the registration you just did. Try it--go online, go to Support, click to Register....you don't even have to go through the whole process before they show you the three-step process in an image on the screen.

Oh crap! The mail-in registration form that came with the kit had a Denver address on it. That's where I mailed the UPC and receipt.
          DENVER?????

[ 10-23-2005, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: canadave ]

Comment

I haven't seen the "Denver?" registration form. The form I have (and all that the HD store, seems to have) is the original "Introducing" form. IT has the same Anderson, SC address as the web site.

I'll call Ridgid Customer Service tomorrow and post whatever their response is.

TNX,

CWS

Comment

The form that was with my tools included what I would consider a tool registration form and questionaire all in one. The questionaire portion wanted to know everything under the sun about me and my other tools, etc. There was also an area where I was asked to fill in the model number of the tools, their serial #, where I bought it and the date of purchase. This was a prefolded mailing form that had a place for a stamp and also a printed address on it of:

RIDGID
              P O BOX 173041
              DENVER CO 80217-3041

I suspect that by mailing the UPC and receipt to that address I can now look forward to spending alot of time on the phone on hold while I get bounced around Ridgid Customer Service trying to get it straightened around. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

Wow. I've no idea where Denver enters into the picture!

Speaking of pictures, here's the one from the web page you get when you go to register your newly-bought tool on Ridgid's website:

http://canadave.homeip.net/ridgid_LSA.jpg

Notice the difference between Step 1 and Step 2. Step 1 talks about registering online (entering your serial number of your tool, your name, address, etc). Step 2 then says *AFTER* that, you need to send the UPC and receipt to South Carolina. THEN they change your registration (in a few weeks) to "Lifetime Service" status.

Clear enough here, but it's confusing to have to register and then re-register for an additional LSA. And there's not enough info up front as to what the procedure is; this image should be plastered all over the manual, not hidden on the online registration page.

Comment

canadave, you're exactly right, it is pretty clear. In my case, I just blew it cause I didn't read past step #1 or if I did, it didn't take. [img]redface.gif[/img] Nobody to blame but myself and now I'll have to pay for it in wasted time to set it right. I really hate it when I make stupid bonehead mistakes like that.

Comment

hehe no, not blaming you, BD....it's certainly confusing for anyone, not least of all me.

For what it's worth, when I spoke to a Ridgid rep on the phone a few days ago to clarify it, she sounded as though Ridgid isn't in the habit of "getting over on technicalities"...as in, they won't refuse your LSA over little details just because they can. If you call them and explain the situation, I'm fairly sure they can accomodate you.

Dave

Comment

Okay everyone,

I talked to a couple of folks today, just to make sure everything was consistant. so here is what I was told:

First, you MUST register, either online or with the special form. Online is probably the best place, but as it says there, you must still send in a copy of your receipt and the UPC code from the box. The only address for that is:

RIDGID Hand and Stationary Power Tool Technical Service
                      PO Box 1427
                      Anderson, SC 29622

The "Denver" address is only for that "tell us your entire life" card that comes with your tool. That thing is purely optional and it DOES NOT register you for the LLSA!

However, if you have sent your UPC and copy of your receipt there, all is not lost. Just send another copy of your receipt to the above address and they will accept it without the UPC. (The stuff you sent to Denver will most likely never be seen again.) Apparently they've had a lot of problems with that UPC thing, because boxes get thrown away or whatever; so, let me say again, if you've lost the UPC, you can still register your tool for the LLSA at the Anderson, SC address.

Now, to keep things straight with them, you should either fill out the LLSA form, if you have it, or send a note with your mailing that gives your Name, Address, Tool Box ID (sign-in), and even the registration number that was assigned to the tool when you registered it. Also, along with a copy of your receipt, you should note the model of the tool and all serial numbers... that way, they will have everything.

In about 8 to 10 weeks, your tool box registration for that particular tool will be updated to show that you now have the LLSA for it. To see that, you have to sign in to your Tool Box, click on the tool and read the data listed.

With regard to the "Registration Cards" that they say will be mailed... that will eventually happen, but neither person I talked to thought that any card have been mailed yet. One joked that, "hopefully that will be done long before your initial 3-year warranty runs out"

So, I think that about covers it and I don't believe I've left anything out.

Hope this helps,

CWS

[ 10-25-2005, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: CWSmith ]

Comment

Working...
                      X